Trump Takes Chuck & Nancy to the Dance

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Repugs are going crazy after Trump sides with the Dims.

Republican leaders in the room 'shell-shocked' following Trump deal with Democrats

President Donald Trump surprised the leaders of his own party in Congress on Wednesday when he backed a deal pushed by Democrats to attach hurricane relief money to a shorter-term bump in the debt ceiling as well as keeping the government open, cutting off his own Treasury secretary to strike a deal.

Donald Trump promised to only make the best deals. Um....

The decision was one of the most fascinating and mysterious moves he's made with Congress during eight months in office.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Olive branch?

Was he really a republican anyways?

Bipartisanship is best anyways.
I never thought Trump was a Repug ... or a Dim for that matter.
He is 1/6 through his first term.
It could get even more interesting ... how long before the cuckservatives on here start backing Trump and the racists start attacking him.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
He's impulsive and irrational. He made the decision on the spot. Don't over think it, Trump didn't so why should we?
I agree ... he is not an ideolog.
He didn't want wasted effort on the budget and funding for the hurricanes.
September is now cleared to work on tax reform.

Last edited:

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I never thought Trump was a Repug ... or a Dim for that matter.
He is 1/6 through his first term.
It could get even more interesting ... how long before the cuckservatives on here start backing Trump and the racists start attacking him.

6:53 this evening is when the racist started attacking him

newfie

Oh. Donald Trump. He's not a politician. Oh wait. That's what Bill Clinton used to do. I think they called it "triangulation".

if you're referring to my comment , you don't have to be a politician to play one side against the other.

BrownArmy

Almost every single thing Trump does is a 'one-off', this is no different, and I wouldn't read too much into it.

It made him feel good, he was bored at the meeting anyway, and the next day he called Chuck in amazement that they were both getting virtual hand-jobs from their opposite media camps.

Right on cue, the media is whirling this around like it might be a new-era of bipartisanship.

It's not.

Like everything else the media thinks about Trump, it holds up for five minutes, which is about ten times longer than Trumps' attention span.

Trump does what's good for Trump, period.

He's the kid in the marshmallow experiment - he'll take the first marshmallow every time.

Sad.