Trump targets Amazon in call for postal service to hike prices

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Trump targets Amazon in call for postal service to hike prices - Reuters

U.S. President Donald Trump targeted Amazon on Friday in a call for the country’s postal service to raise prices of shipments in order to recoup costs, picking another fight with the online retail giant he has criticized in the past.

“Why is the United States Post Office, which is losing many billions of dollars a year, while charging Amazon and others so little to deliver their packages, making Amazon richer and the Post Office dumber and poorer? Should be charging MUCH MORE!” Trump wrote on Twitter.

Observer

USPS was originally started for the transportation of letters only. I find it odd that no one including UPS/FedEx etc. has ever challenged the post office of their continual advertisments of shipping packages. No one should have signed on to have anything to do with the post office. The MAIN reason the post office has been such a dismal failure is the general attitiude and their slothenly work ethic. IF anything it should be dissolved. I will be writing the President on this one. USPS is hated for a reason. After abusing too many of us over the years we have taken our business elsewhere. What we should all do is Boycott the USPS if they do indeed try to raise prices!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

USPS was originally started for the transportation of letters only. I find it odd that no one including UPS/FedEx etc. has ever challenged the post office of their continual advertisments of shipping packages. No one should have signed on to have anything to do with the post office. The MAIN reason the post office has been such a dismal failure is the general attitiude and their slothenly work ethic. IF anything it should be dissolved. I will be writing the President on this one. USPS is hated for a reason. After abusing too many of us over the years we have taken our business elsewhere. What we should all do is Boycott the USPS if they do indeed try to raise prices!!!!

The Post Office should either be privatized or allowed to operate like any other business.

oldngray

nowhere special
There have been lawsuits for many years over the post office using profit from letter delivery to subsidize package delivery rates. They aren't supposed to but still do it. With the ways everything crosses over and the deals with UPS and FedEx its getting hard to prove. USPS is supposed to be run like a normal company and make profits but there are few repercussions if they don't.

There have been lawsuits for many years over the post office using profit from letter delivery to subsidize package delivery rates. They aren't supposed to but still do it. With the ways everything crosses over and the deals with UPS and FedEx its getting hard to prove. USPS is supposed to be run like a normal company and make profits but there are few repercussions if they don't.
Do you remember years ago the Po was trying to sue FedEx for delivering letters?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
They was claiming they was stealing their business by delivering over night letters, a service the P O didn't offer at the time.
07222DF3-E2D4-4725-AFB1-84AA65D80678.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I don’t hate the USPS

Ghost in the Darkness

The reason is that making deals with the PO is essentially a subsidy.... with someone who is already on welfare. Organized crime in a way, only the victims (we taxpayers) are forced to be willing.