Trying to plan for next year (pay question)

Jonghhh

I am a part time package handler making 11.50 an hour, soon I'll be driving peak and as needed and I'm trying to get an estimate on how much money I can plan on coming in next year

Union and HR are just giving me the run around

Is anyone else in that position and if so, what can I expect

Thanks

GenericUsername

Just factor 3.5 hours for your preload pay x 5 days a week for 52 weeks. Now account for a few call outs (let's say 3 to 5 for example) for things you didn't plan on happening. Don't factor in your raise either. Depending on your location, add in your peak driving with an average of 8 hours per day, although it should be more. Don't add anything in for driving throughout the rest of the year because that's super spotty. This should give you a base line to start with. I screwed up last year and didn't plan it out right, now I'm sitting on next to no money because of having to evacuate for Irma and having monthly bills pile up, although I've made $41,000 as a preload/TCD.

Things I'm going to definitely be doing next year include buying out my insurance plan from day 1 instead of making 12 payments. This will free up the $160 a month. Also going to set aside 6 months of car payments so I don't have to worry about my car from April - October as well as an extra $100 per month for those 6 months as well. Also, this doesn't factor in my tax return, so we'll use that for needs that we haven't addressed so far this year (new washer/dryer, fix cars, etc). Add in as much money in savings as you can for leisure and that's about as base line as I can get it..

I am a part time package handler making 11.50 an hour, soon I'll be driving peak and as needed and I'm trying to get an estimate on how much money I can plan on coming in next year

Thanks
Their is no real answer to your question

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Thanks
How much did you make this year?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Thanks
$32,144.54

Jonghhh

Thanks guys, 32k does sound right, I did the math loosely and it came out near that

With working OT and stuff then I can see how genericusername managed 41k

So far as just a part time package handler I've only made 8k so far this year (I recently hit my seniority date)

So my next question then is a second job for off peak doable as a TCD or would that get in the way

Thanks guys, 32k does sound right, I did the math loosely and it came out near that

So far as just a part time package handler I've only made 8k so far this year (I recently hit my seniority date)

So my next question then is a second job for off peak doable as a TCD or would that get in the way
Gotta watch your DOT hours.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Dang that's more than me and @Future make.