Trying to transfer to Orlando.

AllenB

Hello, I am new to this site but I have seen it before. I figured this would be a good place to come for some questions I have about UPS. I have been working re-load in Georgia for about 3 and a half years. I am currently a student wanting to transfer to another location, Orlando to be specific. I recently go married about 5 months ago and about a month later, my wife was offered a promotion with her job but she location was in Orlando. She decided to take the job and I would stay behind to complete the last 2 semesters of school that I had. I figured that with about 8 months of school to go, I would be able to get everything in order at UPS that I needed to do in order to transfer to Orlando. I was wondering if anyone had the e-mail to the HR department at the Orlando hub because I have called and left a message but never received a return call. I don't really trust the management at the location I am currently at to help me get to Orlando so I want to start the process myself and then just have them sign off on the transfer if Orlando has a position for me. Can anyone help me out on what to do in this situation. Oh yeah, I am planning on attending the university in Orlando which appears to be a requirement to transfer.

Fezco

I don't know email to HR Dept, but I can give you phone number to Feeder dept. Maybe they can help you out. 407-8##-####

Last edited by a moderator:

UPSGUY72

Hello, I am new to this site but I have seen it before. I figured this would be a good place to come for some questions I have about UPS. I have been working re-load in Georgia for about 3 and a half years. I am currently a student wanting to transfer to another location, Orlando to be specific. I recently go married about 5 months ago and about a month later, my wife was offered a promotion with her job but she location was in Orlando. She decided to take the job and I would stay behind to complete the last 2 semesters of school that I had. I figured that with about 8 months of school to go, I would be able to get everything in order at UPS that I needed to do in order to transfer to Orlando. I was wondering if anyone had the e-mail to the HR department at the Orlando hub because I have called and left a message but never received a return call. I don't really trust the management at the location I am currently at to help me get to Orlando so I want to start the process myself and then just have them sign off on the transfer if Orlando has a position for me. Can anyone help me out on what to do in this situation. Oh yeah, I am planning on attending the university in Orlando which appears to be a requirement to transfer.

In order to do an educational transfer you have be accepted and enrolled in school. Planning on going isn't acceptable. Educational transfers are not guaranteed. The building you want to move to had to have and opening and then the have to accept you.

You need to go talk to your HR person first. The HR person in Orlando isn't going do anything for you.

AllenB

Even though I don't like my new hub, it's no worse than where I transferred from. It was a small center with only about 5 employees per shift. Did nearly 5 years and was just now reaching cover driver. After tranferring, it only took a year and a few months to try out for driving thanks to a new amazon warehouse opening up. I was DQed though for missing an on call pick up. Oh well, I will try again in 2015

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I transferred and I don't like the new place. But yeah, a school transfer is the only way to go now
Even though I don't like my new hub, it's no worse than where I transferred from. It was a small center with only about 5 employees per shift. Did nearly 5 years and was just now reaching cover driver. After tranferring, it only took a year and a few months to try out for driving thanks to a new amazon warehouse opening up. I was DQed though for missing an on call pick up. Oh well, I will try again in 2015

Glad the transfer worked. We were all worried about you.

AllenB

Agreed....if I was willing to leave the union. I kid you not that the Orlando hub has 18 year old kids that are fresh out of high school with not a day of supervisory experience telling 5-10 year veterans what to do up there. That place is being ran by complete imbeciles!

AllenB

Why wait, if your gonna transfer, do it as soon as possible. In 4 years, you'd have 4 years building seniority. If you wait 4 years, you don't have :censored2:!

AllenB

Remember you have to be enrolled in college. I got in through the university of central florida but it is such a big school, that it takes weeks to months for each step in the transfer process. You would be better off applying to one of the valencia college locations. It is a much quicker process. But I must warn you...ORLANDO SUCKS!!!

AllenB

Yes the book of Mormon is here right now but everything in this city is so expensive because of the tourist that it's cheaper to go to Tampa

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How much are you making per hour now? I would bet you could make more delivering pizza in Orlando. Unless you plan on making UPS a career, don't worry about it.

AllenB

I'm a lifer at that place unfortunately. If I get DQed 2 more times, I will quit but other than that I'm doing 25 - life in that place!