TSA tailgaiting

SCfedex

Word on the street is that the TSA is tailgating our trucks through the front gate and then fining FedEx and the courier thousands of $$$$. Seems legit.

!Retired!

Our SM told us they got caught in Arizona. They also had a guy walking around the station in civilian clothes/no ID for 15 minutes.

DontThrowPackages

Those "undercovers" better be on guard themselves. Some guy walking around the station looking threatening, could find himself attacked just as easily ignored. It will depend on how much the employee fears for his/her safety at that time.

overflowed

Last I checked my job title doesn't include security. I am not accosting anyone and demanding to see ID. They can pay for security if they are having these issues. I won't be shot or stabbed just trying to be a good employee. I'm not making fun either, I'm dead serious.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Last I checked my job title doesn't include security. I am not accosting anyone and demanding to see ID. They can pay for security if they are having these issues. I won't be shot or stabbed just trying to be a good employee. I'm not making fun either, I'm dead serious.
My sentiments exactly. I'm not packing heat, don't expect me to be a cop.

fedex_rtd

It's NOT my job to approach an unknown threat at work. When I was in the service I had a rules of engagement card. Now my primary responsibility is for my own safety. I will call, or report an issue like this to management and let THEM deal with it.

Now if the TSA wants to try to tailgate my rig onto the ramp, good luck with doing that....I think I would enjoy backing over a government civilians ass with a fully loaded 53' trailer.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This company is too cheap to hire station security guards. Fred wants couriers to also be sales associates and now security personnel? I don't think so.

fedex_rtd

This company is too cheap to hire station security guards. Fred wants couriers to also be sales associates and now security personnel? I don't think so.

Depends on your location and what kind of station your at. Most AGFS locations that I know of, have security guards at them. They may be from the lowest bid companies out there, but they are security guards LOL

MAKAVELI

Technically, they could be arrested for trespassing.....no?

Here's an thought. If you see someone with no ID walking around the station or someone tailgating you in, call the cops. If anyone says anything, just say you felt threatened and were to scared to approach the person.
I doubt a federal agent would be charged with trespassing for doing his job.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Strange. We had this thing happen at my center last night. Somebody in a small car followed our feeder guy right behind into the yard for no obvious reason and sat there. We went to check after he told us about it and the car was leaving. Makes sense to explain that weirdness.

oldngray

nowhere special
I would see cars like that all the time in my route. Predictably in the same industrial areas with a lot of truck traffic. The only ones they would inspect would be independents. They would never bother the big carriers.