Tues-Sat RCPD

got2bh3

Does anyone know if RCPD will be able to keep their T-S schedule moving forward? my local here in the midwest is saying that they cant switch you or your route back to M-friend if you would like to stay T-S.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Does anyone know if RCPD will be able to keep their T-S schedule moving forward? my local here in the midwest is saying that they cant switch you or your route back to M-friend if you would like to stay T-S
We have 6 regular full-time guys working tues-sat...I heard once the new year hits they have to be replaced with combo guys and they get moved back to mon-fri

542thruNthru

Does anyone know if RCPD will be able to keep their T-S schedule moving forward? my local here in the midwest is saying that they cant switch you or your route back to M-friend if you would like to stay T-S.

No the contract is clear. All RPCDs will work M-friend and 22.4s will work T-S.

RPCD are protected jobs. Allowing the company to keep one a T-S job is a great disservice to other members. I hope a steward or BA files on it.
sketch-1557450210762.jpg

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Why would anyone want to work Saturday on purpose?
Dude, Mondays off are the best. I love my Tues-Sat schedule, granted I have no kids. Saturday night/Sunday I do whatever the friend I want and Monday I get every little errand done for the whole week. Go into the grocery store at 9 am and there are like 10 people in there. It's awesome

Snack

I recently qualified as a Tue-Sat RPCD. Once I’m eventually shifted to Mon-Fri, should I expect to be sent home on most Mondays? Doesn’t seem like there will be enough work to go around.

Cincypackagehandler

I recently qualified as a Tue-Sat RPCD. Once I’m eventually shifted to Mon-Fri, should I expect to be sent home on most Mondays? Doesn’t seem like there will be enough work to go around.

When there’s a decent amount of vacations you’ll be working. I got moved onto M-friend recently and I’ve not worked something like 5 or 6 Monday’s since the start of the year but if I really wanted to work they would of let me. There’s people in every center in America that would be willing to go home on any given day.

Saca La

What is it?
When there’s a decent amount of vacations you’ll be working. I got moved onto M-friend recently and I’ve not worked something like 5 or 6 Monday’s since the start of the year but if I really wanted to work they would of let me. There’s people in every center in America that would be willing to go home on any given day.

True. I have about 3 drivers who are a guaranteed “go home” drivers if I asked them if they want to go home. They don’t even think about it. Just hands me the board lol

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
True. I have about 3 drivers who are a guaranteed “go home” drivers if I asked them if they want to go home. They don’t even think about it. Just hands me the board lol
Yup, find those guys and learn their routes. Just be prepared to get forced onto them on terrible dispatch days. Worst part of the job imo, dealing with the bumping bs. Even when I go up to my sup and say "hey dude I could use a layoff soon, haven't had one in a couple months." I show up 10 minutes before start time, I'm on layoff. Go take a piss, go back into the office and I'm bumped onto an 11 hour day. Hooray

OrionsBitch

Not...
Yup, find those guys and learn their routes. Just be prepared to get forced onto them on terrible dispatch days. Worst part of the job imo, dealing with the bumping bs. Even when I go up to my sup and say "hey dude I could use a layoff soon, haven't had one in a couple months." I show up 10 minutes before start time, I'm on layoff. Go take a piss, go back into the office and I'm bumped onto an 11 hour day. Hooray

You can't be forced on a route that is already covered if you're not scheduled. Especially if it's a bid route. The contract gives you the right to work. Not the right to not work. The whole handing the board down is an unofficial thing used by drivers (with managements okay) to help people get stuff done outside of work. When I started they used to try and pull this :censored2: on me. Until I figured it out and turned it around on them. I would go in and say "I'll start the bidding for my services at $10"....and usually I would end up with a good route and $20 bucks for lunch.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
moving forward i dont think your gonna want RPCDs working T-S with the whole 25% 22.4 ratio thing. the way its contractually written puts a cap on how many sat routes they can run. no?

542thruNthru

You can't be forced on a route that is already covered if you're not scheduled. Especially if it's a bid route. The contract gives you the right to work. Not the right to not work. The whole handing the board down is an unofficial thing used by drivers (with managements okay) to help people get stuff done outside of work. When I started they used to try and pull this :censored2: on me. Until I figured it out and turned it around on them. I would go in and say "I'll start the bidding for my services at $10"....and usually I would end up with a good route and $20 bucks for lunch.

This is said a lot but it's not true here. Can you show me where it says that seniority can only be used to work?