Tues-Sat, working Monday question

Santashelper1

Was told to call in on a monday due to not having enough workers. I was switched to Tuesday-Saturday a few months ago. Is this allowed? I'm not suppose to call in on my day off, right? They have to call me if forced from lower seniority on up?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You can't be on call.
If they told you you're forced in on Monday, then you are working.
That'd be like a M-friend driver being told to call in on Saturday. You're either forced in or off.
Nip that in the bud.

trickpony1

They may claim you "volunteered" and weren't "forced" in to avoid paying you time and a half or double time OR;

they may lay you off one of your remaining 5 days so you don't get 6 days total.

Honesty and integrity.

Indecisi0n

Tuesday to Saturday leaves Monday wide open. We don't have enough people as it is now. If everyone Tuesday to Saturday guy refused to work Monday they will be forced to hire more drivers. Then the current Tuesday to Saturday guys will move up in seniority when the new guys come aboard and they can go back to Monday-friday. But who thinks that far ahead *shrug

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Seriously with your lifestyle i would work 6 days. Save half of my income and retire at 40
Meh. You could look at it one of two ways, that way, or that I could work the absolute bare minimum and still live nicer than most people and have plenty of free time to enjoy

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Meh. You could look at it one of two ways, that way, or that I could work the absolute bare minimum and still live nicer than most people and have plenty of free time to enjoy
Free time while having a job is different than retirement.

Just like an option day is different than getting offered a random day off.