Tuition Reimbursement Payment

yolo1990

So I finished my courses and gave HR the paperwork they needed. Does anyone know how they reimburse me? Is it through my paycheque, or a separate cheque. The reason I'm asking is because I just got $750 extra in my paycheque, but I've also just passed the 1 year mark and I heard about a bonus a couple months back and didn't believe it. If it isn't a bonus and is my reimbursement, they only gave me half my reimbursement even though I was rarely late and a 3.8ish GPA.

Another thing, I just gave them my transcript last Thursday, so it's only been one week.

Last edited:

Nimnim

The Nim
Not sure how the tuition reimbursement works, but I've heard nothing about any bonus. I'd suggest asking your HR about it, or at least letting people here know your general location to help answer. Different areas handle things differently after all.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
So I finished my courses and gave HR the paperwork they needed. Does anyone know how they reimburse me? Is it through my paycheque, or a separate cheque. The reason I'm asking is because I just got $750 extra in my paycheque, but I've also just passed the 1 year mark and I heard about a bonus a couple months back and didn't believe it. If it isn't a bonus and is my reimbursement, they only gave me half my reimbursement even though I was rarely late and a 3.8ish GPA.

Another thing, I just gave them my transcript last Thursday, so it's only been one week.

Tuition reimbursement varies throughout the country. I always did mine via Edcor and had to have HR fax in my transcripts/itemized receipts at the end of the semester. Usually it takes anywhere from 3-10 business days to have the application approved and payment was always mailed via separate check. But - as with many things - this might vary center-by-center.

I've never heard of a "one year bonus" and I don't really know how else $750 would "appear" on your check unless it was a hefty grievance settlement. Do you remember how much your tuition was?

yolo1990

I actually went and asked HR today so I now know.
I'm in Calgary, Canada and they apparently have a program where you get a bonus after a year, up to $1000 max. Mine was lower because of many days of being late during winter :(
So yeah, I was scared that it was my tuition because I am supposed to get $1500, the max they offer.

bumped

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/tuition-reimbursement-payment-350044/#ixzz2Sx6IHYhD
I actually went and asked HR today so I now know.
I'm in Calgary, Canada and they apparently have a program where you get a bonus after a year, up to $1000 max. Mine was lower because of many days of being late during winter :(
So yeah, I was scared that it was my tuition because I am supposed to get $1500, the max they offer.

So which is it? Are you rarely late or late many times?

yolo1990

Actually, my semester went from January to the end of April, and I was late 2-3 times by a couple of minutes.
Before that, in December, I was late like 6-7 times (not 10+mins) due to traffic/bad weather and not being able to leave earlier because I was at school.
The year-bonus looks at the whole year, the tuition reimbursement looks at how I was during the actual school semester.