Tuition

Collinsdad

Hey guys. an anyone tell me how tuition earn and learn works? Can I use it to pay for a class or two i just want to take, or do I have to be degree seeking? I start in a couple weeks, and am curious how it works. Thanks!

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Hey guys. an anyone tell me how tuition earn and learn works? Can I use it to pay for a class or two i just want to take, or do I have to be degree seeking? I start in a couple weeks, and am curious how it works. Thanks!

Triple check that your center/hub actually supports this!
Whatever HR told you is a lie.

And not all centers do tuition reimbursement. I know that mine does not. May or may not be contractually stated for some locals, I don't know.

Get management's answer in writing, if possible.

Collinsdad

My center supports it. Its a huge hub that supports a couple thousand students locally. But I will triple check to make sure. Never know. Thanks for the replies.

542thruNthru

Triple check that your center/hub actually supports this!
Whatever HR told you is a lie.

And not all centers do tuition reimbursement. I know that mine does not. May or may not be contractually stated for some locals, I don't know.

Get management's answer in writing, if possible.

Mine only gives tuition reimbursement to sups not hourlies

Jstpeachy

What does degree seeking mean? Isn't why you go to college?

In a degree program as opposed to general education enrollment with no specified program ex: psychology, accounting is degree seeking, or you can enroll under gen ed and take whatever courses you want. Most financial aid/grants only support if you have a specific major declared

dudebro

What does degree seeking mean? Isn't why you go to college?
Some people get around the college admission process by registering for a class as "non-matriculating". It still counts though, and you can sometimes switch later, and you're admitted to college.

That said, UPS doesn't want to pay for someone who just has a strong interest in basket weaving and wants to take a class to "edify oneself"

Some people get around the college admission process by registering for a class as "non-matriculating". It still counts though, and you can sometimes switch later, and you're admitted to college.

That said, UPS doesn't want to pay for someone who just has a strong interest in basket weaving and wants to take a class to "edify oneself"
Isn't that class a qualification for being a part time sup?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Sure they do

Had a part time sup getting a music degree his specialty was the trumpet

Collinsdad

i was thinking more along the lines of an undergrad certificate. But your post made me laugh. Thanks for the reply.

SunGIRL

I don't get it either. On their website it does not say much. Then I found another website that said you had to work 225 hours in 3 months in order to qualify for the tuition program.