Turkey's?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Looks like we are treated like ****** across the country.

yeah...$30/hr plus an industry leading benefit and pension package...they sure treat us like crap, don't they?

The people I truly feel sorry for are those who would be eating the turkey that I would have donated.

Oh, and those like yourself with your sense of entitlement...

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just trying to be funny. I thought this was a humor thread. I mean we are talking about turkeys. Love my job, love my company.

The tradition of UPS giving turkeys to their employees has been around almost as long as the company itself. It was only a few years ago that the turkeys were replaced by a coupon. Now the coupon has been taken away. Our center used to collect any unwanted turkeys/coupons and donate them to our local American Legion so that they could make them part of gift baskets for those less fortunate. I used to keep my turkey when I was married but donated it every year since my divorce.

Although none of these are contractual obligations, the loss of the turkey/coupon and years of service and safe driving awards are signs of our shift from a private to a public corporation which must answer to shareholders.

Non sequitur

Does the company have a sense of entitlement when they use high pressure tactics for there united wa y drive or when they force a helper on you when you don't need one, or when your time study changes so much over the years that when you calculate the difference your actually paying for your own health care. Now thats alot of turkeys.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Does the company have a sense of entitlement when they use high pressure tactics for there united wa y drive or when they force a helper on you when you don't need one, or when your time study changes so much over the years that when you calculate the difference your actually paying for your own health care. Now thats alot of turkeys.

Glad we got the humor back in this thread.

brownIEman

I have a better way to deal with the "Turkey" issue.....just take a 15 minute bathroom break on overtime........pays for the turkey.

You mean an extra one?

The ironic thing about this is that there are actually people offended and butt hurt and downright indignant about not getting a turkey from this evil cheap company. This same cheap company that pays these same people so much that they can afford to buy a turkey for the cost of taking a dump...

UPSGUY72

You mean an extra one?

The ironic thing about this is that there are actually people offended and butt hurt and downright indignant about not getting a turkey from this evil cheap company. This same cheap company that pays these same people so much that they can afford to buy a turkey for the cost of taking a dump...

My wife got a 25 lb bird for $3 and change for thanksgiving. The store had to loose money on that deal. I'll take a case of beer as long as it's not schlitz.

Nimnim

The Nim
The turkeys are a sore spot for lots of people for various reasons. They were nice, but not a single employee relied on the turkey for their own sustenance. I'd say it's more of an issue for PTers than FTers as our wages aren't quite as nice, but even for the lowest senior PTer grab a little bit of the extra time that floats around during peak and you have yourself a turkey.