Turkey's?

tieguy

Banned
Your an #%&*!Thats your problem upstate buffalo bill, you are weak and will give back without a fight. UPS loves weak sheep like you, you take what is thrown in the trough and when its gone you dont put up a fight.

lol, how do you make the decision to fight? do you fight just so you can say you fight? When does your fight go from being a fighter to stinking up the works or unionized suicide?
How much did your fight for the five dollar xmas turkey end up costing your union?

This guy must be in management. Sounds like he thinks we don't deserve what we get paid. Why don't you show us your paycheck and we can decide if your worth it. Unless you walk in a mans shoes you should keep your opinion about his pay to yourself. UPS isn't successful because it gives money away.

the guy that you're firing the shot at does walk in those shoes every day as a driver. Just because he disagree's with your superior opinion does not automatically promote him to management. There is a little bit more involved before we would allow him in our ranks.

I hate to lose any "entitlement" I did love the symbolic gesture/tradition of handing the turkey out at xmas and thanking our people for their hard work.
But as for me personally my turkey tended to sit in my freezer. I rarely roast one and never found the time to donate it somewhere. So it sat in my freezer until the next one came.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
it's more than 10 bucks. We used to grab our turkeys and then each throw in a buck. We would weigh them on the clerks scale. Winner take all. I had a nack for picking heavy turkeys.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
it's more than 10 bucks. We used to grab our turkeys and then each throw in a buck. We would weigh them on the clerks scale. Winner take all. I had a nack for picking heavy turkeys.

Which reminds me of what I considered a unseemly too common occurrence.
When I volunteered to hand out turkeys at Christmas time, you always had a few greedy people trying to see the weights on the boxes and try and get the biggest one.
It was usually management and drivers who would do this ... the one's that needed it the least.

tae111

I always love the industry leading analogies. I remember a time when we were the industry and made way more than Cops, Teachers,even school Principals. My dad was an engineer for AT&T and I made more than him at the end of the year. Now we have FedEx. Our only real competition. How much do we pay our air drivers? Every time you hear the garbage about the FedEx wage advantage just remember that for every area one UPS driver works it takes two FedEx drivers. 1 ground and 1 air driver to do the same job.
yeah...$30/hr plus an industry leading benefit and pension package...they sure treat us like crap, don't they?

The people I truly feel sorry for are those who would be eating the turkey that I would have donated.

Oh, and those like yourself with your sense of entitlement...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I always love the industry leading analogies. I remember a time when we were the industry and made way more than Cops, Teachers,even school Principals. My dad was an engineer for AT&T and I made more than him at the end of the year. Now we have FedEx. Our only real competition. How much do we pay our air drivers? Every time you hear the garbage about the FedEx wage advantage just remember that for every area one UPS driver works it takes two FedEx drivers. 1 ground and 1 air driver to do the same job.

Check your math - FedEx has less drivers than does UPS.

Non sequitur

It takes 3 fedex employees. The fedex ground guy in my area uses a jumper year round. I asked the kid today if he was busy and he said yeah they had over 300 packages today. I've had over 400 del. and 350 pickup for the last year. Add between 20 to 25 air stops a day 1030 commit and you can see why I have no doubt I'm earning my money. So UPS is very profitable thank God and all of us earn our money so be proud of what you do for all of us. P.S. I'm just trying to change the "Rush Limbaugh" mentality that all union members are lazy and overpaid.

airbusfxr

Just got safety award delivered by driver and helper. I wished they would have just given them sooner and not put more on our drivers at a critical time. Gave them both sodas and sent them on their way.

tieguy

Banned
Just got safety award delivered by driver and helper. I wished they would have just given them sooner and not put more on our drivers at a critical time. Gave them both sodas and sent them on their way.

sent them on their way? They were dismissed? perhaps required to salute you before departing your premises?......:)

airbusfxr

I gave them sodas, and their package car was full, at 730pm. I had completed my day of turning MD11s full of safety awards. My point was these awards should have been sent last year when earned. The turkey certificates came USPS and were donated to local charity. The 30 dollars of turkeys and 230 buck weedwacker still puts me below FDX pay scale.

bluehdmc

Centers have food, there are barbecues in the summer, foot long subs, all done at the LOCAL level to show some appreciation and maybe help moral a bit. The turkeys came from the top. Sure some logistics were involved (gee what's our new slogan?) but it was a little thank-you from corporate. Then they gave out the coupons, maybe they tracked them and found a lot didn't get used, so decided to stop the turkeys completely. I wouldn't have thought to put the coupon in a collection basket, also probably only one coupon could have been redeemed at a time. That's different than the one employee taking a dozen turkeys to a food bank.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center coordinated with our local American Legion to ensure that any unwanted turkeys and/or coupons would be added to the food baskets prepared by the Legion so that those who are less fortunate would be able to have a holiday meal.