Turning point coming

bacha29

I guess what they mean is that the "turning point" will be whatever happens over the next couple of quarters. If they're strong then the strategy has proven itself correct. If they're not then there doesn't appear to be a whole heck of a lot they can do to improve on the situation other than to slow wage progression at Express and settlement enhancements at Ground leaving those people to either eat it and smile....or quit.

falcon back

I guess what they mean is that the "turning point" will be whatever happens over the next couple of quarters. If they're strong then the strategy has proven itself correct. If they're not then there doesn't appear to be a whole heck of a lot they can do to improve on the situation other than to slow wage progression at Express and settlement enhancements at Ground leaving those people to either eat it and smile....or quit.
Excellent observation and insight

NC man

can wage progression at Express get slower,lol. topped out and no raise last year. think not topped got one or maybe two step increase? They were not exactly breaking the bank with 5% raises or more after record revenues and profits

Karma...

maybe its that drivers will be working on commission based on a matrix based on miles driver, number of parcels delivered tempered by the profit of the parcels delivered...I am sure the technology exits and the financial folks with have or could figure out the matrixes........I do understand that the next ups contract will be incorporating this...at one time ups had similar centers call bonus centers......I dont know there current status...

NC man

Oh lord , if some computer figures out routes you will never get a bonus.DRA was joke and disaster.used to send me through my neighbors route to a far corner of his route to finish last 10 stops instead of giving me 10 where we bordered.

vantexan

Oh lord , if some computer figures out routes you will never get a bonus.DRA was joke and disaster.used to send me through my neighbors route to a far corner of his route to finish last 10 stops instead of giving me 10 where we bordered.
It's funny how FedEx can't get that right. I downloaded an app on my phone from UPS to run a golf cart route for them. 80 to 110 stops a day that are put in order for me. Can run it a little differently here and there but left as is it's fairly straightforward. If they can do that why can't FedEx?

falcon back

Didn't you?
Yes I did and I care nothing about current events or happenings. You continue to hate a place that you no longer work at. It just might be time to move on. I know one reason I have such good memories of my time there. I still have a drawer full of epaulettes from my white shirts. They make me feel special.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
One rumor is that the step program is going away and that those locations with a peak premium will keep them.

Doesn't make sense in that form but gossip rarely does.

59 Dano

maybe its that drivers will be working on commission based on a matrix based on miles driver, number of parcels delivered tempered by the profit of the parcels delivered...I am sure the technology exits and the financial folks with have or could figure out the matrixes........I do understand that the next ups contract will be incorporating this...at one time ups had similar centers call bonus centers......I dont know there current status...
The technology exists and it's not complicated, at least as far as the piece rate goes. It'd be a great way to get those older, higher paid employees with 4 SPH routes out in the country to go ahead and retire.

Hmmmm.

falcon back

The technology exists and it's not complicated, at least as far as the piece rate goes. It'd be a great way to get those older, higher paid employees with 4 SPH routes out in the country to go ahead and retire.

Hmmmm.
So they can't replace them when they retire? If you can't hire people now, why would you want to get rid of more? Is that what they taught you at Hamburger U?

59 Dano

So they can't replace them when they retire? If you can't hire people now, why would you want to get rid of more? Is that what they taught you at Hamburger U?
Of course they replace them. It's the point of getting rid of someone who does little work, with no incentive not to take his time, for $30 an hour that anyone off the street could do just as well at a much lower cost.

I don't think it's fair to pay a guy doing 15 SPH less than a guy who doesn't do half that.

falcon back

Of course they replace them. It's the point of getting rid of someone who does little work, with no incentive not to take his time, for $30 an hour that anyone off the street could do just as well at a much lower cost.

I don't think it's fair to pay a guy doing 15 SPH less than a guy who doesn't do half that.
They can't hire people now from what I hear and read on here, why would you intentionally create manning shortages. They even brought back the casual positions for retired employees due to manning shortages. I never witnessed these senior people running 15 sph less than a new hire. I saw just the opposite. Senior people had a work ethic and job knowledge that new hires didn't have. Nothing was funnier than watching new hires panic when the system was down and the yellow stickers weren't on the packages. People that had been on their route for years could not pull the belt because they had no idea what stops were theirs, even though they went there every day. Watching newbies using GPS for stops like a major warehouse or huge office bldg because they were unsure where that stop was. I will take a 40 yr courier over a newbie any and everyday.

vantexan

Yes I did and I care nothing about current events or happenings. You continue to hate a place that you no longer work at. It just might be time to move on. I know one reason I have such good memories of my time there. I still have a drawer full of epaulettes from my white shirts. They make me feel special.
Oh you're special alright lol. Can anyone discuss anything about anything without you accusing them of hatred?

vantexan

They can't hire people now from what I hear and read on here, why would you intentionally create manning shortages. They even brought back the casual positions for retired employees due to manning shortages. I never witnessed these senior people running 15 sph less than a new hire. I saw just the opposite. Senior people had a work ethic and job knowledge that new hires didn't have. Nothing was funnier than watching new hires panic when the system was down and the yellow stickers weren't on the packages. People that had been on their route for years could not pull the belt because they had no idea what stops were theirs, even though they went there every day. Watching newbies using GPS for stops like a major warehouse or huge office bldg because they were unsure where that stop was. I will take a 40 yr courier over a newbie any and everyday.
Why must you be so full of hatred for FedEx? Why, why, why?