Turning radio off (RADOFF)

gman042

Been around the block a few times
The other day, my diad did not communicate all day long.
Did 225 stops
11 hr day
And still had 70% battery left
Hmmm.....might be on to something there

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I’ve contemplated turning off the radio a few times too. One day clocked in under H for helper. They tried calling me all day lol. No joke I get the green light of death at least 2 times a week whether or not I finish at 4 or 8. Can you get in trouble?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Do you honestly think they would make it possible for you to prevent them from sending you instructions through the DIAD?!?!?!?!

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
When you turn it off the pending stops don't reduce on their computers until it updates so the OMS and managers will know something is up.

SBTY_Syndrome

Center Managers Hate Me
When you turn it off the pending stops don't reduce on their computers until it updates so the OMS and managers will know something is up.
So.... turn it off on my last 15 stops then back on while I’m headed back to hub? I just don’t understand how drivers will get pulled into the office for turning it off, when we have the option to do that. If we aren’t allowed why give us the option? I’m sick of getting 8 messages a day about practically nothing.

SBTY_Syndrome

Center Managers Hate Me
I’ve contemplated turning off the radio a few times too. One day clocked in under H for helper. They tried calling me all day lol. No joke I get the green light of death at least 2 times a week whether or not I finish at 4 or 8. Can you get in trouble?
We have guys who will turn it off and get pulled into the office. They’ll accuse them of doing it intentionally but they pull a Billy Clinton and deny deny deny.

Mooseknuckle

I can't communicate with our dispatch through the diad. He only speaks jibba jabba. Hard enough understanding him over the phone but, on the diad, with no punctuation...
Honestly though, how did they not think to at least put a question mark on it?