TV ads I can't stand

moreluck

golden ticket member
I always liked the Geico ads with the gecko, but the caveman ads are awful. Just can't stand that guy.

Now I find out there is going to be a sit-com made with 3 caveman guys....oh brother! It's Third Rock From the Sun all over again.

Apply directly to the forehead....apply directly to the forehead.......:crying:

over9five

Staff member
What really angers me is those ads that show in the bottom of the screen WHILE the show I'm watching is playing. Usually it's for some other show.

Channahon

I usually hit the mute button during commmercials and award shows, as I usually don't care to hear what they have to say. That's the first thing I look for on a remote when I get a new TV or service.

double R

my wife even commented to me that she couldn't stand the 'whiteboard' commercials... that the guy drawing on the board was ugly...how much $$$ do we clear each week??? and this is the best our marketing dept. can do??

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Apply directly to the forehead. I hate your commercial, but I love your product."

They must be doing something right.....we memorized the ad.

Lowhigh

Over Dispatched
I too feel the whiteboard ads are ridiculous. I can't imagine who they are appealing to, people who write on whiteboards. Are those the people in companies who make decisions on shipping. Additionally, late night car ads are way over the top. They increase the volume on the ads and it is very annoying. I think most car ads regardless of their volume are stupid. I guess I really can't say I like any ads. In summary, I dont like some ads but I hate them all! That makes as much sense as the caveman commercials. See how these mind controllers are making me crazy.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I can't stand the Toyota commercial, where the Dad slaves to build his kid a treehouse and they just wanna hang out in the car. I guess it's just the kid's voice, or maybe it's the fact that it's played almost every other commercial here. If I were that kid's dad, I'd a snatched his @$$ out the van and "corrected" him firmly with the seatbelt. He wouldn't be so worried about leather seats and a dvd player then....

jk...man, I'm gonna make a great dad some day....

over9five

Staff member
I hate that awning commercial where the guys telling you about it, and his wife keeps saying, "Tell them about the discount, Harry".

I always think, "what a bit**", and turn the channel.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Is it just me or is everyone else ready to just send Gary Coleman the damn money ?? !! Maybe then he'll go away. :bored:

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I'm glad someone rehashed this thread, I've been meaning to see if everyone else is as repulsed as I am by this ad. Remember kids if you shop at Wal-Mart, you're helping the terrorists win. :laugh: Disgusting, what some unions won't do to get their grimey hands on other people's money.

Be a Patriot

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
After hearing this 100 times, it's really grating on my nerves....

"The most sophisticated technology you will ever pee on."

That's just disgusting !! :mad: The first time I heard it, I thought I was having a senior non- hearing moment.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Plenty of people must have complained about that commercial because tonight I heard a new version that goes like this....

"The most sophisticated technology you will ever.....you know."

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ok, I have a question. I know my mind works weird, so maybe someone can clear this up for me.

I just watched a commercial for Charmin Ultra Strong. It said, "No one likes a bathroom tissue that leaves pieces behind."

Are they talking about pieces of paper or pieces of something else??? :confused:1

It can be taken 2 ways in my mind.

AirDriverAmy

Just tonight I saw one of the Whiteboard commercials. I thought to myself......that campaign sucked.

my wife even commented to me that she couldn't stand the 'whiteboard' commercials... that the guy drawing on the board was ugly...how much $$$ do we clear each week??? and this is the best our marketing dept. can do??