TV's/Monitors on Shelves

over9five

Staff member
I got one through UPS and it was damaged.
Since then, I go to Best Buy or the like.
Sad but true.

I'm thinking of buying an air conditioner. Best deal on the one I want is at Amazon. But I don't want it shipped.... by a parcel delivery company.

When you get one at Best Buy, YES it got there by truck.... but it was probably on a pallet, not bouncing (and falling off shelves).

Indecisi0n

I looked at my board one morning to see someone PAL'ed 120 pcs to the 1000 section. A couple buddies hanging around laughed at it which was followed by " I am sure once he sees all the pcs he will drop to flr or RDR/RDL. When i got in my truck i had discovered the pcs filled the entire 1000/5000 and the FLR2. Now the business that are suppose to fill 2500-5000 were all over the floor.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Sad but true.

I'm thinking of buying an air conditioner. Best deal on the one I want is at Amazon. But I don't want it shipped.... by a parcel delivery company.

When you get one at Best Buy, YES it got there by truck.... but it was probably on a pallet, not bouncing (and falling off shelves).
Just imagine what your new garage door panels are going to look like after coming through our system.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just imagine what your new garage door panels are going to look like after coming through our system.
x18089161.jpg

I looked at my board one morning to see someone PAL'ed 120 pcs to the 1000 section. A couple buddies hanging around laughed at it which was followed by " I am sure once he sees all the pcs he will drop to flr or RDR/RDL. When i got in my truck i had discovered the pcs filled the entire 1000/5000 and the FLR2. Now the business that are suppose to fill 2500-5000 were all over the floor.
Another fine example of logistics. We love logistics.

jcohen

Ottawa Preloader
Why do preloaders put tvs and monitors on the shelves?

Today I had 2 monitor fall from the top, i cant imagine there still good

Well as a preloader you don't know what kind of bulk or stupidly heavy packages are gonna come down to you so you shelve everything that you can, within reason. I'll shelve a monitor or TV that's up to 27", anything bigger and I'll put it on the floor.

Also if you really had and issue with them being on the shelf take a few extra seconds and put them on the floor before you leave for your route.

jcohen

Ottawa Preloader
For the past week I've loaded about a dozen air conditioners and most of them are way to big to fit on the shelf, so I think that you'd be safe, at least to some extent, having it sent through UPS.

over9five

Staff member
For the past week I've loaded about a dozen air conditioners and most of them are way to big to fit on the shelf, so I think that you'd be safe, at least to some extent, having it sent through UPS.
OK, I just ordered it from Amazon. I'll let you guys know what happens!