Twilight Christmas Eve

gatorkev85

I heard a rumor that we no longer will get Christmas Eve off anymore is there any truth to this? I can't find our calender anywhere. I found something on the ups site and it did not recognize Christmas Eve. I've work Twilight for 11 years and have never worked a Christmas Eve. I never got paid for it but I'm okay with that as long as i still get it off.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Christmas Eve is, and has always been, a layoff day for certain hub shifts. It's not a UPS holiday and will never be recognized as one on a calendar. You will not have to work this Christmas Eve. Kinda early to be worrying about this though, isn't it?

gatorkev85

Christmas Eve is, and has always been, a layoff day for certain hub shifts. It's not a UPS holiday and will never be recognized as one on a calendar. You will not have to work this Christmas Eve. Kinda early to be worrying about this though, isn't it?
Only reason i worry now is because my wife's family has always celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas. I needed to figure something out now in case this was true.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Only reason i worry now is because my wife's family has always celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas. I needed to figure something out now in case this was true.

There are no pickups on Christmas Eve hence no need for the Twi shift.

I like to plan ahead but you have taken it to a whole different level.

9.5er

When I was part time we always worked a skeleton crew. Since I was on the air belt I always had to work on Christmas eve. I'd say if you haven't had to work it in the past you will not have to work it this year.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Of course there eleven hour dispatch means 13 hours on the job.

Yep.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1427643587.248176.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I heard a rumor that we no longer will get Christmas Eve off anymore is there any truth to this? I can't find our calender anywhere. I found something on the ups site and it did not recognize Christmas Eve. I've work Twilight for 11 years and have never worked a Christmas Eve. I never got paid for it but I'm okay with that as long as i still get it off.
There are no pickups on Christmas Eve hence no need for the Twi shift.

I like to plan ahead but you have taken it to a whole different level.

Welcome to Brown cafe and thanks for a bit of comedic relief.