Twilight start times during peak

ocnewguy

Is there a general start time for loaders during peak season for the twilight shift? I'm asking because my sup was telling me it could be as early as 1 or 2 in the afternoon. This is a problem because i have early afternoon classes, however if it's not a huge deal since i can still drop them for a refund and take them in spring.

Macbrother

No, there isn't a general time, it really depends on your location. At ours, even during peak, start time isn't more than 30 minutes earlier. Usually the volume is offset more so by increased hires (seasonal) than increased hours. However, your sups may be willing to work around your school schedule. In our hub those with classes and/or second jobs are allowed to come in up to 1.5 hours later in some cases.

ocnewguy

Hmm. Ours was an hour earlier just for the day after labor day. 100-110k is an average day for the building. He mentioned 8-10 hr days during peak as well. I'll talk to him more tonight but i feel somewhat in limbo about school right now. I'd prefer to take the work and finish my last 2 classes during spring.

ocnewguy

Hmm. Ours was an hour earlier just for the day after labor day. 100-110k is an average day for the building. He mentioned 8-10 hr days during peak as well. I'll talk to him more tonight but i feel somewhat in limbo about school right now. I'd prefer to take the work and finish my last 2 classes during spring.

That is, if it comes down to one or the other.

H

htown0721

my building does about 160k regularly and 200k for peak...it all depends on the volume of your center

Is there a general start time for loaders during peak season for the twilight shift? I'm asking because my sup was telling me it could be as early as 1 or 2 in the afternoon. This is a problem because i have early afternoon classes, however if it's not a huge deal since i can still drop them for a refund and take them in spring.
Tell you sup about your class and your commitments. He can accept it if not get your steward involved.

OptimusPrime

Been ages since I was hired, but I thought you had to have a 6 hour block of availability When I worked Twilight, IIRC, we had to be availible from 4-10pm.

laffter

Twilight here already starts at 3:00pm on Mondays... for the early start time. Some people don't come in until an hour or two later. 4:45 - 5:30 for most of the remaining week. It seems like our start times change week to week, day to day.

L

Loufan

It just depends what your building is like. At my building, Sunday we'll start at 1pm, Monday 3pm, Tuesday 4pm, Wednesday 4:30pm, Thursday 5pm, Friday 4:30pm.

And these aren't exact start time. that's just a best guess after 5 peak seasons.