Twilight Zone

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Do any of you senior couriers ever feel like you’re in the Twilight Zone as you go to work now? It’s so bad and the management (Except one) at my station so bad, that it’s all I can do to come to work anymore. Almost all of The senior couriers at my station feel the same way. I can only imagine how much worse it will get when the two sorts rolls out.

Our management is resorting to threats all the time to get things done. I can’t wait for SFA. Yeah, yeah, I know it’s pretty much useless at this point, but it will make ME feel better. Lol. I’m really starting to worry about how long this company will last.

AB831

I see you and I struck a nerve with the pretend businessman already. Don’t insult the meal ticket to which he’s beholden.

floridays

This guy claims to have another job, yet he stays on here bitching and whining on a daily basis. Sad
You're "retired", separated from the company in a different manner, yet have some meat lodged deep in your throat that keeps you from knocking your balls in the woods. Get on with retirement, put a chainsaw in your golf bag and walk the talk.

dezguy

Do any of you senior couriers ever feel like you’re in the Twilight Zone as you go to work now? It’s so bad and the management (Except one) at my station so bad, that it’s all I can do to come to work anymore. Almost all of The senior couriers at my station feel the same way. I can only imagine how much worse it will get when the two sorts rolls out.

Our management is resorting to threats all the time to get things done. I can’t wait for SFA. Yeah, yeah, I know it’s pretty much useless at this point, but it will make ME feel better. Lol. I’m really starting to worry about how long this company will last.
I don't know whether to say it's comical or sad, what this company has devolved into.

I started just at just about the time of the death rattle of FedEx being a people company. People would run through walls for FedEx. Need volunteers to deliver packages on Christmas day? They would have to turn people down because so many signed up. Oh, customer x needs their shipment ASAP but they're on the far edge of my route? No problem, I'll drive out there first and rearrange my day so it doesn't affect my other costumers.

That's all pretty much gone now. The younger guys and gals refuse sign up for ot because they realize they're being paid $10/hour less than the guy they're working next to. No one cares if customer x needs their shipment ASAP because if they do try to accommodate customer x, they know they'll hear about gap reports from their manager, the next day. FedEx is reaping what it sowed. The loyal employee base they once relied on and compensated accordingly, simply doesn't care.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm lucky enough to be in what I can only assume is the last group of employees that were hired by FedEx to see top out. I'm just trying to make it to the finish line at this point but honestly, I don't know if the company is going to be around for me to cross the finish line, with the way it is currently run.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I don't know whether to say it's comical or sad, what this company has devolved into.

I started just at just about the time of the death rattle of FedEx being a people company. People would run through walls for FedEx. Need volunteers to deliver packages on Christmas day? They would have to turn people down because so many signed up. Oh, customer x needs their shipment ASAP but they're on the far edge of my route? No problem, I'll drive out there first and rearrange my day so it doesn't affect my other costumers.

That's all pretty much gone now. The younger guys and gals refuse sign up for ot because they realize they're being paid $10/hour less than the guy they're working next to. No one cares if customer x needs their shipment ASAP because if they do try to accommodate customer x, they know they'll hear about gap reports from their manager, the next day. FedEx is reaping what it sowed. The loyal employee base they once relied on and compensated accordingly, simply doesn't care.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm lucky enough to be in what I can only assume is the last group of employees that were hired by FedEx to see top out. I'm just trying to make it to the finish line at this point but honestly, I don't know if the company is going to be around for me to cross the finish line, with the way it is currently run.
It really makes me sad. My station is full of very senior people who just DGAF anymore. Even the brown nosers feel the same. It’s had to combat stupid.

Our management makes no effort at all to hurry people out of the building. Many days we don’t leave the building until 10:30 or later because they start us so late. And why do they start us so late? Because everyone was refusing to use a call in line to get start times every day. How crazy is that???? What happened to the customers getting what they pay for? Then they’ll send out a broadcast telling us to report all lates to such and such route. Wut???

Some people still care enough that they’re not taking breaks until 6:00 in the evening and barely taking bathroom breaks. Screw that. I’m taking my break in the middle of the day and let the chips fall where they may.

AB831

Yup. They treat the workers like Walmart employees but expect them to give Marine-level allegiance. Doesn’t work that way.

McFeely

Huge Member
Now that we’re in January they’re turning up the heat on service and cutting hours as much as possible at my station. Our freight isn’t ridiculously late (on road by 0900 today).

I think the biggest thing that’s weighing on us all is what RESPONSE is going to do to all of our routes and schedules. Management doesn’t even know all the details yet. I just found out our second sort won’t start until 1300 (or later?) as our Indy flight will stop in Kansas City before it comes our way.

Wish I could afford to go PT and then work in a brewery in the afternoons or something.

AB831

Now that we’re in January they’re turning up the heat on service and cutting hours as much as possible at my station. Our freight isn’t ridiculously late (on road by 0900 today).

I think the biggest thing that’s weighing on us all is what RESPONSE is going to do to all of our routes and schedules. Management doesn’t even know all the details yet. I just found out our second sort won’t start until 1300 (or later?) as our Indy flight will stop in Kansas City before it comes our way.

Wish I could afford to go PT and then work in a brewery in the afternoons or something.
What is RESPONSE?