Two package shipped at same time

ferebeem

I have to packages shipped at the same time but one is rescheduled??????

Packages in Shipment: 2Tracking Number: 1Z 059 590 02 4350 308 2 Type: Package Status: In Transit - Rescheduled

Your shipment is moving within the UPS network and should be delivered on the posted Rescheduled Delivery Date. A shipment can remain in this status until it is delivered. Other than time-definite air deliveries, shipments are generally delivered anytime between the hours of 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. to residences*, and by close of business for commercial addresses. UPS cannot schedule a specific delivery time within that window.
* Due to heavy holiday volume, deliveries to residential addresses may be made after 7p.m. Thank you for your patience.

What should I do if I'm expecting a delivery?
This is the most up-to-date information about the status of your shipment. For residential deliveries that require a signature, you can leave instructions for the driver if no one will be home. For example, you can ask that it be delivered to a neighbor who will be home. Shipments that don't require a signature can be left in a safe place at the driver's discretion.
1.gif

In Transit - Rescheduled
icn_help_blue.gif
Resched. Delivery: 01/02/2009 Shipped To: NASHVILLE, TN, US
Your package is in the UPS system and has a rescheduled delivery date of 01/02/2009. Tracking Number: 1Z 059 590 02 4485 909 0 Type: Package Status: In Transit - On Time
icn_help_blue.gif
Sched. Delivery: 12/31/2008 Shipped To: NASHVILLE, TN, US
Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 12/31/2008.

What is the deal, I paid for 2nd day air and now I'm not getting it!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have to packages shipped at the same time but one is rescheduled??????

Packages in Shipment: 2
Tracking Number:
1Z 059 590 02 4350 308 2 Type: Package Status: In Transit - Rescheduled
Resched. Delivery: 01/02/2009 Shipped To: NASHVILLE, TN, US
Your package is in the UPS system and has a rescheduled delivery date of 01/02/2009.

Tracking Number: 1Z 059 590 02 4485 909 0 Type: Package Status: In Transit - On Time
icn_help_blue.gif
Sched. Delivery: 12/31/2008 Shipped To: NASHVILLE, TN, US
Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 12/31/2008.

What is the deal, I paid for 2nd day air and now I'm not getting it!!

Call 1-800-PICK-UPS and file a GSR (Guaranteed Service Refund) claim if it is not delivered on 12/31/08.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Hoax, sometimes the system will show a rescheduled delivery time, when in fact, it will be delivered on time.

But I agree, if you dont get the packages on time, get your money back.

Some things that might have caused the packages to be rescheduled, bad weather up north east, a wreck involving the truck carrying the packages you ordered, the packages might have been routed incorrectly, any number of things.

d

drewed

Shankman
Yea exactly danny, alot of our packages sent to AK (as an example) get a reschedule date when in actuality theyll show up on time if not early....if you ordered something from a company you probably wont be able to recoup your shipping cost since you arent the shipper. the only way youll be able to is if the shipper gives it back to you

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax, sometimes the system will show a rescheduled delivery time, when in fact, it will be delivered on time.

But I agree, if you dont get the packages on time, get your money back.

Some things that might have caused the packages to be rescheduled, bad weather up north east, a wreck involving the truck carrying the packages you ordered, the packages might have been routed incorrectly, any number of things.

d
When one calls 1-800 the CSRs have ett which gives them visibility into exceptions and specific notes and they can explain to customer whether it is eligible for GSR.

ferebeem

Thank you for all the responses. Let me ask, if the package gets to the Nashville hub on New Years Eve, can I go there to pick it up?

Thank you for all the responses. Let me ask, if the package gets to the Nashville hub on New Years Eve, can I go there to pick it up?
Being a 2nd day air it should be delivered if it arrives on NYE. You might be able to get it held at the customer counter, but at this point in time it may be tough to do. Call the 800 # ASAP to try. In most areas NYE is nxtdy Air and 2nd day air only delivery day.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Air commits were only RELAXED 90 minutes this peak. As has been said before here. This is no longer the case.

December has always been a non-guarantee month.

UPS still tries to use the same commit times as year-round, but service failures are obviously hard to control with high volume and the unique infrastructure to get the packages to their destinations.

People who ship with us should know that their is a 1-5% chance their packages won't get their at the required times. Starting Jan. 2, money-back guarantees are in effect.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferebeem

Being a 2nd day air it should be delivered if it arrives on NYE. You might be able to get it held at the customer counter, but at this point in time it may be tough to do. Call the 800 # ASAP to try. In most areas NYE is nxtdy Air and 2nd day air only delivery day.

It is still in New Jersey this morning 12/31 - NYE.
That package will not be in Nashville today...sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferebeem

It is still in New Jersey this morning 12/31 - NYE.
That package will not be in Nashville today...sorry.
oh...I was napping at the time I posted that...
that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Could it have been a weather delay? Maybe the plane could not leave Secaucus on time. If the FAA says you can't take off, well then you can't take off.