Typically, how long does it take for ups to pick up a damaged item?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apester

I received a package from a seller on eBay that was damaged , a 2010 iMac. So long story short , I sent pictures of the damage and after two months I finally got my refund, that was on 07/18/15 . The seller told me that ups told her it was a 50/50 chance they would let me keep the iMac, if they want me to return it they will call me, if not I can keep it . I have no issue returning the package , but I would love to keep it , it is still a fully functional iMac. So my question is what is a reasonable time frame for them to request to pick up the item? It's been 72 days so far , is it typical for ups to pick up items much later than that? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

T

Turdferguson

I received a package from a seller on eBay that was damaged , a 2010 iMac. So long story short , I sent pictures of the damage and after two months I finally got my refund, that was on 07/18/15 . The seller told me that ups told her it was a 50/50 chance they would let me keep the iMac, if they want me to return it they will call me, if not I can keep it . I have no issue returning the package , but I would love to keep it , it is still a fully functional iMac. So my question is what is a reasonable time frame for them to request to pick up the item? It's been 72 days so far , is it typical for ups to pick up items much later than that? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

They had probably forgot about it, but now that you brought it up they will want it back

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS picks up packages 2 days after a call tag is issued by the shipper. Your problem isn't with UPS. It's all on the shipper.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We like to wait until you've uploaded all of your nudes to it.

T

Turdferguson

If it's fully functional what was the claim over? Are you asking us to help you defraud our employer?

T

Turdferguson

It's people like the OP who are why our pensions are floundering with have to pay out bogus damage claims. And then the nerve to come on here asking for our help to keep his I'll gotten gains. The nerve?

Apester

It has about a 5 inch crack on the screen and a 3 inch dent on the housing. That was something I couldn't ignore paying the going rate for the computer. But besides that it works properly.

Apester

Sorry I didn't clarify . It works besides the physical damage . I'm not trying to scam ups. Like I said I don't have an issue returning the iMac, but if they choose to allow me to keep it I wouldn't turn it down either .

T

Turdferguson

What did you crack the screen and housing removing the weed you were shipping in it?

Apester

I think you're right , because the seller insisted on a ups claim . I told her that if she just refund the cost of the glass I will repair it myself . She probably made a claim for way more than what the iMac was worth .

porkwagon

I'll pick it up today. ETA 16:45

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Talk with the shipper. We always return damaged goods like to the receiver as soon as it is processed as a damage. Sounds like the seller is a little shady.

upschuck

Talk with the shipper. We always return damaged goods like to the receiver as soon as it is processed as a damage. Sounds like the seller is a little shady.
Only if we don't pay claim, if we do pay, it is ours, and they try to get as much money as they can for it.

Recently, we had a damage claim denied, and on return of package delivered it to the wrong business. So we'll end up paying anyways.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Split drivers, runner -gunner idiots, and bonus clowns, never do calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.