U got a :censored: list ? Crappy Customers

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Man, do we have something similar to Brownies' will call list for problems customers?

I noticed with a certain customer, I am getting an increase in USPS barcodes...

Apparently, they don't want to cater to this anal-attentive customer that wants her cheapo Walmart boxes in pristine condition (no accordion box thread) and placed on the porch, not crammed into the mailbox (aka Amazon smalls style)

images.jpg

So when that name or address pops up on my scanner during the preload, Fred help me they better be purrrfect, no dents or footprints on the cardboard boxes or off to QA to get a repack!

Another customer tried that BOGO-free trick by calling in a customer "dispute delivery" claim. I remember that stop because it was raining and she hold the door open for me to slide 3 crate and barrel black-white cubes in so they won't be wet... I permanently DEX 027 (didn't attempt) any future deliveries from this one... They will get forwarded to USPS or HAL for customer pickup or RTS for all I care.

So what say thee, fellow eggplants n brownies alike?

Last edited:

!Retired!

We have a stop in the sticks that has a 'No Trespassing' sign. She has made it VERY clear, in writing, that not even FedEx or UPS is allowed on the property. She had to come to the station to pick up all her packages. She has since changed her tune when she noticed how far and inconvenient it is. However, our managers have made it clear we do not deliver to her. She has even tried to use different name, but same address because her neighbors don't even like her, with no luck.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We have a stop in the sticks that has a 'No Trespassing' sign. She has made it VERY clear, in writing, that not even FedEx or UPS is allowed on the property. She had to come to the station to pick up all her packages. She has since changed her tune when she noticed how far and inconvenient it is. However, our managers have made it clear we do not deliver to her. She has even tried to use different name, but same address because her neighbors don't even like her, with no luck.
Lol. Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would think that a fair compromise for both would be for her to put a "drop box" on the road side of her gated entrance.

MassWineGuy

Wow, what a jerko customer. If I ever have doubts about leaving something safely or believe someone might file a false claim, it's signature required. Especially this rime of year.

OrioN

That's the beauty of loading my own parcels into my delivery vehicle. If I catch them, I simply don't even scan em and service cross it with the reason... Under the belt it goes!

Hmm, turning those problematic customers into a "no DR" zone is a good idea as well

Upstate, u don't understand that a dispute claim makes me lose my bonus... So instead of risking it, I'll just not even try to appease the lying customer. She can try to commit fraud with UPS or USPS and have your company pick up that claim

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's the beauty of loading my own parcels into my delivery vehicle. If I catch them, I simply don't even scan em and service cross it with the reason... Under the belt it goes!

Hmm, turning those problematic customers into a "no DR" zone is a good idea as well

Upstate, u don't understand that a dispute claim makes me lose my bonus... So instead of risking it, I'll just not even try to appease the lying customer. She can try to commit fraud with UPS or USPS and have your company pick up that claim

We fight all claims involving fraud.

OrioN

How about the angry dogs that will bite you if you enter the front porch???

That one deserves another thread... I learned on my power pad there is a "stop comments" tab.

Dunno if I'm typing for nothing, but I'll enter " loose dog danger" before driver releasing it on the walkway... Or edge of driveway

Upstate, I loathe DFUs so I'm focused on my service area to avoid any possible claims since we're not paid by the hour to do them

!Retired!

I would think that a fair compromise for both would be for her to put a "drop box" on the road side of her gated entrance.
Nope.... She got exactly what she asked for.
If you're not sure, honk when you pull up. Long story short, a German Shepard bit the rear tire on an Econoline I was driving and gave me a flat. I never got out of the truck.

Oldfart

If I see a dog in the yard and I don't know it, I honk the horn. If they come out, they get their package. If they don't come out and it is DSR/ISR, I try to leave a door tag SOMEWHERE/ANYWHERE. If I can release it, it gets dropped anywhere I can. I don't care if it is a Beagle, Jack Russel or a German Shepherd. I don't care if it isn't their dog. My dogs don't run loose, theirs shouldn't ether.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I got bit once. After giving the hound a treat too. Bit me in the ass through my jacket and pants. I left them a nice note and the half mile drive into the property was never an issue again. I hung all their stuff in a bag by the road. On one of those house number signs every flippin fire department should standardize for us.

OrioN

If I see a dog in the yard and I don't know it, I honk the horn. If they come out, they get their package. If they don't come out and it is DSR/ISR, I try to leave a door tag SOMEWHERE/ANYWHERE. If I can release it, it gets dropped anywhere I can. I don't care if it is a Beagle, Jack Russel or a German Shepherd. I don't care if it isn't their dog. My dogs don't run loose, theirs shouldn't ether.

I recently had this happen on Saturday:

DSC_0018.JPG

My rural route, I use my horn more than customers' door bell s and a dog came dashing down the gravel driveway.

No way I can just leave it by their roadside mailbox, that friggin flea bag was itching to tear it up

Stop comment "loose dangerous dog" service cross on the box, and status tag in the mailbox... next!

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
One of my more comical moments in my first year was flipping a package into a garage on a rural route only to see a huge dog with the package in his jaws running to the pond and back 40

rod

Retired 22 years

View attachment 124831

My rural route, I use my horn more than customers' door bell s and a dog came dashing down the gravel driveway.

No way I can just leave it by their roadside mailbox, that friggin flea bag was itching to tear it up

Stop comment "loose dangerous dog" service cross on the box, and status tag in the mailbox... next!

At least the homeowner gave you a warning. Most of them think its cute when their mutt is chewing the tires off the UPS truck.

bacha29

View attachment 124831

bacha29

Nailing up that sign is a public notice acknowledging the fact that they are the owner of a dog with the proven capacity to injure people wrongly believing that they are absolved of any liability if a person who is there for purely lawful reasons is attacked and injured. It is therefore it is up to the operator to decide just how to "beware" including not entering the property if they choose not to because more often than not they don't have a nickel's worth of liability insurance on those so called "family pets".