Uber drivers here?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Since the negative reviews of Lasership and ontrac ive been reading on both the customer and worker reviews, im trying to explore uber.

i dont have a good boss recently ...he overhired for peak but now has to lay off the supplemental drivers, including me (thought i did a decent job eith service, no complaints only compliments from customers taking the time to call the 800#)

So all i have to do is get a smartphone, a car thats newer than 2005, etc that im already qualified at (good records no tickets, dot card)

Any Uber drivers here? ??

Ps, there was a one day strike in my area recently when most Uber drivers shut down for a day, and drove up the local fares due to less supply...

OrioN

I sorta knew uber has taken a big dent on the taxi industry. Noticed a few small businesses that went belly up for it.

So is that your only reply?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
uber.gif

OrioN

Ah, found a link via search...

http://www.browncafe.com/community/...reak-acknowledgement-doc.366706/#post-1875798

Totally forgot others had entertained about moonlighting with this or lyft... im just trying to side step and do a lateral move

That video... Crap, a camera is a good tool, just in case.

From that other link, 1099, dayum that means i gotta put some away up front for tax time?

Upstate, they were transporting packages as well? Was that the "scab" thread in the fedex section?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Since the negative reviews of Lasership and ontrac ive been reading on both the customer and worker reviews, im trying to explore uber.

i dont have a good boss recently ...he overhired for peak but now has to lay off the supplemental drivers, including me (thought i did a decent job eith service, no complaints only compliments from customers taking the time to call the 800#)

So all i have to do is get a smartphone, a car thats newer than 2005, etc that im already qualified at (good records no tickets, dot card)

Any Uber drivers here? ??

Ps, there was a one day strike in my area recently when most Uber drivers shut down for a day, and drove up the local fares due to less supply...
Uber user here. If we're going to a party, poker game, or anywhere else we plan to drink we get an uber.

Have never had a bad experience. Met some really interesting drivers, and a couple of really quiet ones. Have never had a reason to leave a poor rating.

OrioN

Thanks for your input, cheryl... i already know about the positive customer reviews, for the most part, that outweigh a few negatives like the one turd has posted.

Seems to be way better than lasership or ontrac reviews. I rather transport parcels than people but i gotta do whatever to supplement this slow period and mismanagement from my current boss

Ms.PacMan

My son flew into Sanford outside Orlando last week.
Transportation to Orlando
$160 for a cab one way
$129 for shuttle or sedan one way
$85 for rental car (4 days + $25/day to park at hotel)
$44 Uber one way

OrioN

Whoa, i know they were underpricing like what DHL did to try to compete with FedEx and UPs... but thats beyond competitive rates!

OrioN

Not so sure if Uber is undercutting rates or everyone else is gouging - especially in popular locations.

Uber is undercutting rates nationwide! The drivers are staging strikes or not accepting fares that are 85 cents per mile.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2016/02/04/3746099/uber-price-cuts-gut-driver-wages/

Seems Lyft is the lesser of 2 evils, but thats still to be researched for me to jump in...

Soo many disgruntled drivers on that forum, more than the whiners at the FedEx section on this site

Skim around...

http://uberpeople.net

OrioN

And they're gonna try to protest in CA at the Super Bowl? ?? Its like trying to stop a dam leak with a tampon... will be fun to see how it goes

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not so sure if Uber is undercutting rates or everyone else is gouging - especially in popular locations.

It's a little bit of both.

I live less than 2 miles from our local airport. I flew out to visit my son in Iowa this past Thanksgiving and rather than park my car at the airport and pay $5 per day for the week that I would be gone I decided to take a taxi. $8.50 from my front door to the terminal. When I got back I called them while we were taxiing to the gate and they were waiting for me when I walked out the front door.

OrioN

? There will always be squatters near airports and train stations...

This person seems to get the big picture

OrioN

http://nypost.com/2016/02/07/uber-drivers-working-up-to-19-hours-a-day-just-to-get-by/

Uber allows its drivers to work up to 100 hours a week, or an average of 14 hours and 15 minutes a day. That’s two hours more than the city’s yellow cabbies are allowed to be behind the wheel.
Geez, yeah yeah no HOS needed for cars under 10,ooo miles...

The majority of Uber drivers now average 30 hours a week on the road, company officials said.

Because they got fed up with the rate cuts and are only driving to avoid deactivation or just driving during surges is my guess

bacha29

I liked what the uber man said about insurance. Out in my little piece of heaven there were at one time scores of people using their own private vehicles to provide taxi services to the Amish. Private vehicle insurance no operating authority. Then the PUC and the insurance companies caught wind of it and made it clear that it they caught you doing it policy cancelled and prosecuted and the PUC gave people time to come clean and do things by the law. When people discovered the cost of doing business by the book they found out that there was no longer enough money in it anymore because with PUC number they had to be more forthcoming with regard to taxes.