Uber/Lyft side job

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Santashelper1, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Santashelper1

Santashelper1 Member

Are we allowed to work for Uber/Lyft while employed as a driver for UPS? Or does DOT laws come into affect? What about if we strike one day.. would I be able to just drive for uber/Lyft or even Amazon or would UPS have a problem with those?

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Come pick me up

3. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

giphy (4).gif

4. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Well-Known Member

Your life outside UPS belongs to you.

And yes dot rules apply.

5. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Who do you think he is?
    Enterprise Rent a Car?

6. TearsInRain

TearsInRain IE boogeyman

why on earth would you

7. Dulce Bombón

Dulce Bombón I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!

I just order Uber Eats, can you pick up my order?:wellduh::nervoussmiley:

8. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

You can’t be serious.

You don’t have any overhead on your vehicle at UPS, you don’t have to deal with drunks/:censored2:s tearing your :censored2: up. You also have a steady paycheck, make easily $20/hr over what your hourly money at Uber is, not even calculating OT. Don’t forget any hours worked outside your UPS hours must be calculated in your 60hr week and daily resets.

If you need more money just work OT at UPS, need more proof, visit the Uberdriver reddit

9. Dulce Bombón

He wants extra cash on Uber let him be. Until He gets assault. He will learn his lesson. Sometimes people live throughout experieces that through an good advice.

10. cosmo1

cosmo1 Perhaps. Staff Member

What?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Dulce Bombón

simon-says-touch-your-head-now-touch-your-nose-funny-14027516.png

12. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Taken straight from r/Uberdrivers

13. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Dumpster, INABAG

More like WUT???

14. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

This.

A google search 'is uber or lyft a good pt job' will tell you everything you need to know.

If you really need the dough, look at delivering pizzas. You will make way more money. You still need to work within your DOT hours, but it will be a better deal than any of the ride share scams.

15. Santashelper1

Santashelper1 Member

Thanks for a legit response.

And to the others, I just like to work. I take all the OT I can when offered. Idk about other buildings, but they don’t allow 6 Day punches very often where I’m at or else I’d do it all the time. Just trying to save up as much money as possible so when retirement comes around, I don’t have have any worries. Pizza delivery isn’t a bad idea. I might be able to do that under the table so I don’t have to worry about DOT.

16. You don't want to work any side jobs under the table. Seriously if you get into a serious accident, someone will find out. If you are hurting for cash you can probably find a non DOT job to work on Saturdays,just make sure you have your 34 hour reset in before Mondays start time.

17. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

One of my customers is a 2nd year UPS driver... Mon thru Friday.

he does Amazon flex on the weekends. I doubt he is reporting his side hustle to UPS though

No uber or lyft... boxes don't talk back

18. wage EARNER

wage EARNER Member

On Dec 18 inform your on-car sup that you have to be back to the building by 3pm because you are out of DOT hours. See what happens.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. He better pray that he never gets into a serious accident

20. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Because it will hurt to get into an accident? Don't know many people who say to themselves "man it would be SWEET to get into a serious accident today"