Uh... no discount at the UPS store?

HotPepper

Unless i read something wrong i thought we get 15% off at the UPS store? I took a package in today and the lady told me nope. So...???:sick:

HotPepper

From the discount page:

The UPS Store® is offering discounts to UPSers

Receive up to 15 per cent off selected The UPS Store services

The UPS Store® Corporate Card Program includes discounts up to 15 per cent on the following products and services:
· Print and copy services
· Finishing services
· Business cards and stationery
· Business/corporate/personal mailboxes
· Packing labour and supplies
· Faxing and scanning
The discount does not include shipping costs.

A valid UPS employee identification card must be presented at the point of sale to qualify for the discount. Employees who do not have an employee ID card must present a recent pay stub. The UPS Store® is the preferred printing service for all UPS-related items.

HotPepper

I should have clarified it wasnt about the sipping. It was about how i needed her to box everything up for me. I should have got a discount on that

laffter

I should have clarified it wasnt about the sipping. It was about how i needed her to box everything up for me. I should have got a discount on that

Ask someone at HR about that. Find out how you can get them to give you the discount. They might be able to point you in the right direction, at least.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
UPS store are usually owned indepenedently and/ or privately. They do use the name UPS because its so recognizable. They offen offer products for shipping and the latter. Which is far different then your local USPS store. USPS just takes your crap and ships it, no other options. I've never been in a kinco's, but I've heard they do offer printing machines.

You can print out a UPS smart label, call pick ups and pay 10 bucks for the package. Or you can go to the UPS store and pay 14 bucks for the label and more for other services.

Tell you the truth, ship with USPS, they are faster and cheaper then all shipping out there. Just make sure the package/envelope is taped up and secured up tightly. The contents are secure for travel, amoung belts and such. 95% of the damaged goods along tavel threw shipping are shippers fault, no doubt. Understand, the ones who ship their goods are the ones that pack them. Damage to those goods are due to ignorance of the shipper. Not understanding safe and practical packing fundamentals.

laffter

UPS store are usually owned indepenedently and/ or privately. They do use the name UPS because its so recognizable. They offen offer products for shipping and the latter. Which is far different then your local USPS store. USPS just takes your crap and ships it, no other options. I've never been in a kinco's, but I've heard they do offer printing machines.

You can print out a UPS smart label, call pick ups and pay 10 bucks for the package. Or you can go to the UPS store and pay 14 bucks for the label and more for other services.

Tell you the truth, ship with USPS, they are faster and cheaper then all shipping out there. Just make sure the package/envelope is taped up and secured up tightly. The contents are secure for travel, amoung belts and such. 95% of the damaged goods along tavel threw shipping are shippers fault, no doubt. Understand, the ones who ship their goods are the ones that pack them. Damage to those goods are due to ignorance of the shipper. Not understanding safe and practical packing fundamentals.

You can't just open up a shipping store and slap the name "UPS Store" on it because it's "recognizable". It's a franchise, like Burger King, Verizon, or Subway. If the franchisor says you must accept such and such discounts, then the franchisee doesn't have a choice, as far as I am aware.

All Kinko's became "FedEx Office" a few years ago. No such thing as Kinko's anymore, also as far as I am aware.

Quit living in the past!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
From the discount page:

The UPS Store® Corporate Card Program includes discounts up to 15 per cent on the following products and services:

· Finishing services
· Faxing and scanning

A valid UPS employee identification card must be presented at the point of sale to qualify for the discount. Employees who do not have an employee ID card must present a recent pay stub. The UPS Store® is the preferred printing service for all UPS-related items.

15% off copying services? I should use them to start photocopying my grievances. :peaceful:

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
You can't just open up a shipping store and slap the name "UPS Store" on it because it's "recognizable". It's a franchise, like Burger King, Verizon, or Subway. If the franchisor says you must accept such and such discounts, then the franchisee doesn't have a choice, as far as I am aware.

All Kinko's became "FedEx Office" a few years ago. No such thing as Kinko's anymore, also as far as I am aware.

Quit living in the past!

You may have noticed this term in reference to those restaurants:

"*At participating restaurants"

Lots of Truck stop Subways do not participate in the $5 Footlong promotion for example.

stink219

From the discount page:

· Finishing services
· Faxing and scanning

15% off copying services? I should use them to start photocopying my grievances. :peaceful:
Dude, I have all instagrievances on my iPad. All I do is change the names and dates. Makes it so easy!!

laffter

You may have noticed this term in reference to those restaurants:

"*At participating restaurants"

Lots of Truck stop Subways do not participate in the $5 Footlong promotion for example.

You are correct.

I would verify with said UPS Store that they do acknowledge the existence of the discount, but specifically do not participate in it.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

Quit living in the past!

[HD] Epic Facepalm - YouTube

NO they do not give discounts for the latter. In other words, do you know how to run a buisness?

Yet, you wish them to do so, which is bogus. Which in all is the problem with this company, those who wish to lie in order to get a discount. And those who grant them.

This world is often fun and too easy for you, huh?