Un:censored: This Load

Jstpeachy

"everything in, no exceptions!!"

But errrrr, ahhh, that full size sofa will be in the way...you want me to just..

"Just get 'er in!!"

Oookkeee

Hahaha I hate when they push for everything you’re holding out to get loaded. Like there’s still 1-1.5 hours left on the sort I’m not filling the center with bulk/oversized irregs forcing me to fling envelopes and bubble mailers at random guys.

Utility81

Hoping you guys are willing to help a preloader trying to improve. When I was a kid there were these chess puzzles in the newspaper that you could look at and solve. I never figured out the solution to them or even understood the notation but I realized that when you are a new preloader and you get dumped on a truck that you aren't familiar with a forecast bulk sheet, as inaccurate as it can be, is a lot like those chess puzzles that you can try to solve in order to create a load that makes it easier for the driver. Of course, it would be best if the driver told you what they wanted or the sups knew their drivers well enough to know but the drivers are asleep at 1030pm and though some sups have knowledge to share, others don't seem to know all the loads on their belt that well. I thought it would be cool to throw up what people remember from their Forecasted Bulk Sheet or take a picture of the forecast sheet with any identifying info blacked out and have you guys share how you'd load it.
AIR-35
1k-25
2k-35
3k-15
4k-22
5k-5
6k-2
7k-25
8k-27
RDR-45
RDL-68
BULK
4715-18
1003-25
FDR, FDL, MFR, MFL are empty RDL has some big boxes as well as 4715 and 1003
U, U, D, D, L, R, L, R, B, A, START

Utility81

Hoping you guys are willing to help a preloader trying to improve. When I was a kid there were these chess puzzles in the newspaper that you could look at and solve. I never figured out the solution to them or even understood the notation but I realized that when you are a new preloader and you get dumped on a truck that you aren't familiar with a forecast bulk sheet, as inaccurate as it can be, is a lot like those chess puzzles that you can try to solve in order to create a load that makes it easier for the driver. Of course, it would be best if the driver told you what they wanted or the sups knew their drivers well enough to know but the drivers are asleep at 1030pm and though some sups have knowledge to share, others don't seem to know all the loads on their belt that well. I thought it would be cool to throw up what people remember from their Forecasted Bulk Sheet or take a picture of the forecast sheet with any identifying info blacked out and have you guys share how you'd load it.
AIR-35
1k-25
2k-35
3k-15
4k-22
5k-5
6k-2
7k-25
8k-27
RDR-45
RDL-68
BULK
4715-18
1003-25
Honestly it’s just nice to hear that you care. I love my current preloader. It’s not perfect, but I know he busts his ass and is worth more than they pay him. I’ve never really told him what I prefer bc I know it’s a s show and he does what he can.

rod

Retired 22 years
One of my trucks has had a water heater next day air, before. Was like 120 lbs. Can't even fathom how much that cost them.

Coulda rented a truck and gotten one from Home Depot, but noooo. ;)
I had a 150 pound hunk of iron casting one time that was being shipped NDA to the east coast COD. I asked the people at the Iron Works where I picked it up if the east coast knew it was coming COD because people have been known to refuse a package just because it was COD. They said "they better accept it". You guess it---it came right back as refused-COD. The Iron Works shipping guy ripped off the COD tag, wrote it up in the shipping book again and sent it right back out again ---NDA. This was years ago and a 150 pound package NDA was something like 300 bucks even back then. They had over 600 bucks tied up in shipping on that one thing. Whats a 150 pound NDA cost now?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Honestly it’s just nice to hear that you care. I love my current preloader. It’s not perfect, but I know he busts his ass and is worth more than they pay him. I’ve never really told him what I prefer bc I know it’s a s show and he does what he can.
as a driver, you at least know what to expect day to day. That is part of it, too. It's easy to reassess the situation when the early commits are gone. With a decent loader..consistently. Few/no misleads, pkgs are at least near correct shelf selection and floor options.

Unless they drove the route, jumped, or are really really good, you won't have a great load...that is expected

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
My preference is for the rdr and rdl to actually go in the rdr and rdl spots. This allows me the option of delivering those stops before I deliver the rdc if I have time. That actually saves me 10-20 minutes if I can do it that way. A lot of my other stops are a crap shoot. I had the dispatcher assign the stops most likely to get bulk to the fdr/fdl/mfr/mfl spots, but they don't always, and there are other stops that are shelf loaded that will randomly blow up. A good loader will use his/her best judgment, but lacking that, my default is to have everything loaded where the HIN says to load it.

I also try to explain to my loader that the 1k-4k shelves need the most attention, and the 5k-8k can be a little more lax. I go through my load about half way through the day looking for misloads and reordering the packages. Having the first half sorted well is a big help.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
I had a 150 pound hunk of iron casting one time that was being shipped NDA to the east coast COD. I asked the people at the Iron Works where I picked it up if the east coast knew it was coming COD because people have been known to refuse a package just because it was COD. They said "they better accept it". You guess it---it came right back as refused-COD. The Iron Works shipping guy ripped off the COD tag, wrote it up in the shipping book again and sent it right back out again ---NDA. This was years ago and a 150 pound package NDA was something like 300 bucks even back then. They had over 600 bucks tied up in shipping on that one thing. Whats a 150 pound NDA cost now?
Good lord!
jWUh5iG.png

4evapreloader

AIR-35
1k-25
2k-35
3k-15
4k-22
5k-5
6k-2
7k-25
8k-27
RDR-45
RDL-68
BULK
4715-18
1003-25
Seriously this is nothing. I received one the other day that required advanced calculus to figure out. 3k section should have been RDL. 100+ pieces one stop, an obvious bulk stop sent to a shelf. 6k shelf 100+ pieces ??? 2k shelf 20 pieces ??? I was told "there was nothing they could do" which was an obvious lie. Either gross incompetence or a deliberate attempt to mess with me.

4evapreloader

All bulk should always be together, nothing is funnier than having bulk stops spread around 5 different sections.
I have seen package shipments of 3 packages from one shipper with identical addresses PALd to different locations. Unfortunately no one is given enough time now to actually look at an address label on the preload.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
According to the Inflation Calculator the $6.35 an hour I made when I was full time back in 1971 was equal to $40.23 today. You guys really are going backwards.

We'll almost catch up by the end of the contract, just in time for the Union to offer to let the company convert all drivers to 22.4 with no raises.

watdaflock?

Figure out what your bulk stops are and go from there. Talk to your driver, see where he wants the bulk stops.
Ya get paid to play tetris.

ihateloading

im from CACH, i wouldnt be able to load package cars. at Cach we load like this

1. start wall/first "shelf" 30 feet from last wall.

2. continue to build up said wall. Then start throwing a bunch of packages behind that wall.

3. continue building the wall.

4. continue throwing packages behind the wall.

5. repeat until you get to the end of the trailer.

6. throw the rest of the packages at your final wall to make it look as ugly as possible and stack bulk packages in most hazardous way so it surely will crush the next person who has to open that trailers door.

7. profit

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
im from CACH, i wouldnt be able to load package cars. at Cach we load like this

1. start wall/first "shelf" 30 feet from last wall.

2. continue to build up said wall. Then start throwing a bunch of packages behind that wall.

3. continue building the wall.

4. continue throwing packages behind the wall.

5. repeat until you get to the end of the trailer.

6. throw the rest of the packages at your final wall to make it look as ugly as possible and stack bulk packages in most hazardous way so it surely will crush the next person who has to open that trailers door.

7. profit

Truth ^^^^^