Unbelievable....

UPSGUY72

Your not going to believe this ORION BS. I'm only a Mall route that starts early 8:15 and you finish early last pick up 5:15. So my Sup calls me at 4:30 and ask if I can go help a driver he broke down and didn't start his route until 10:30. So I say sure then he tells me to take 20 from him not 20 stops 20 PACKAGES. When I get to the other driver I ask him if I heard thar correctly he says that according to the SUP if he gave me more that 20 packages it would mess up the numbers in ORION. So we spent 10 minutes trying to figure with 20 stops he was going to give me that only had 1 package each. What a friend-ing Joke.

Your not going to believe this ORION BS. I'm only a Mall route that starts early 8:15 and you finish early last pick up 5:15. So my Sup calls me at 4:30 and ask if I can go help a driver he broke down and didn't start his route until 10:30. So I say sure then he tells me to take 20 from him not 20 stops 20 PACKAGES. When I get to the other driver I ask him if I heard thar correctly he says that according to the SUP if he gave me more that 20 packages it would mess up the numbers in ORION. So we spent 10 minutes trying to figure with 20 stops he was going to give me that only had 1 package each. What a friend-ing Joke.
Sounds fine to me.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
This happened to me and my buddy a couple weeks ago. He went out on a route blind, when I told my sup I was gonna help him he said try to take two streets with the most stops so it didn't mess up the centers Orion trace.

porkwagon

There comes a point where ORION takes a back seat. Let the ORION debacle fall on dispatch's s shoulders and just make service on the parcels.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I would have ignored the supervisors idiotic instructions and just taken whatever stops made the most sense to take in order to help the guy.

Warning letter? Not worth the paper its written on. I would love it if they ever wrote me a warning letter for "helping another driver make service on the packages in a safe and efficient manner". The comedic value alone would be priceless. Any subsequent discipline based upon that letter would get laughed out of a panel hearing. I'm here to deliver packages, not to play stupid number games.

soberups

In our building, if you take more than 4 stops off of another driver (or deliver more than 4 misloads, or give more than 4 away) you show up on next days ORION report as a "DTTP" (Different Trip Than Planned) and your compliance percentage is thrown out and does not even show up on the report at all.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You guys think this is happening at dhl or fedex...how friend-ing sad...

OPTION3

I would have ignored the supervisors idiotic instructions and just taken whatever stops made the most sense to take in order to help the guy.

Warning letter? Not worth the paper its written on. I would love it if they ever wrote me a warning letter for "helping another driver make service on the packages in a safe and efficient manner". The comedic value alone would be priceless. Any subsequent discipline based upon that letter would get laughed out of a panel hearing. I'm here to deliver packages, not to play stupid number games.
The warning letter will be for "failure to follow instructions and/or work as instructed"

soberups

The warning letter will be for "failure to follow instructions and/or work as instructed"

Easy one to defend against.

"I misunderstood the instructions because it never occured to me that a supervisor could possibly be that stupid. I thought he meant 20 stops."

They wont pursue it because they would be forced to explain their own stupidity in front of witnesses.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I doubt anybody will believe me, but trust me, your management team hates ORION as much as you do. But the higher ups demand we get our trace percentage up and to utilize it.

rod

Retired 22 years

nystripe96

It's puzzling to me that management wants to lower the paid day, yet still asks drivers to abide by Orion which seemingly doesn't really work. If Orion was ever implemented in Brooklyn we'd be getting in past 10 every night