Unbelievable....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is an excellent opportunity to sell the customer on our premium MyChoice services.

Ups.com/MyChoice

The driver has no problem delivering her packages when he is in her neighborhood but he does have an issue with breaking off just to dump her Avon. Her husband used to come pick them up but he passed away a short while ago. All of the drivers signed a card and the OMS bought flowers for his widow.

OPTION3

Easy one to defend against.

"I misunderstood the instructions because it never occured to me that a supervisor could possibly be that stupid. I thought he meant 20 stops."

They wont pursue it because they would be forced to explain their own stupidity in front of witnesses.
Never underestimate the level of stupidity they will attain;)

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I doubt anybody will believe me, but trust me, your management team hates ORION as much as you do. But the higher ups demand we get our trace percentage up and to utilize it.
I do believe you, and I have no doubt that some of my management people feel the same. Unfortunately, when they signed up for management they knew (or should have known) that serving as a conduit of forced stupidity between the decision-makers and the drivers was an inherent part of the job.

CHALLY9TX

Got a message today on the Diad, "You are allowed X miles today. Thank you have a great day" I just laughed. Of course I went over the miles I was "allowed".

llamainmypocket

Got a message today on the Diad, "You are allowed X miles today. Thank you have a great day" I just laughed. Of course I went over the miles I was "allowed".

Knowing ups, I'd be surprised if it wasn't fewer miles routed into the system. 65 mile route? You should be able to do that in 57 miles.