UNCLE SCROOGE-UPS forcing package drivers SUNDAY DEC 21

upssouth

Having 30 years I'm sure you're a top guy in the center. No one else can have the day off unless they are forced to work before you.

We worked Saturday last year. It was optional.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Tentative plans are to force Package to deliver SUNDAY December 21st.
Many of us will be celebrating Christmas on this day with relatives we wont see on Christmas.
2 questions...

1 By what date do they need to inform us we are forced to work?
2 What is the penalty for the first no-call, no-show of my career... A warning letter?
Go to work. It's a job for a reason. Do christmas Saturday if it means that much.

This isn't new. I've been hearing for 2-3 months we would work this day.

Brownslave688

I am a sinner and will occasionally lie out of weakness without realizing it at the time. But I will repent of the lie.

To purposely lie, even a "white" lie is an entirely different matter.
You don't have to lie.

"This is morion I won't be in today" click

Brownslave688

I don't think this is just in case of bad weather as the extended national forecast does not show any major weather issues through the 25th. I think they are doing this to try to take the edge of the 22nd.

One of the questions I have is if I go in and run a bunch of residentials will they try to give me an add/cut for areas that were not delivered that day? To me that would that defeat the purpose of my having worked.
People work to make money. You'll still get paid right?

Tentative plans are to force Package to deliver SUNDAY December 21st.
Many of us will be celebrating Christmas on this day with relatives we wont see on Christmas.
2 questions...

1 By what date do they need to inform us we are forced to work?
2 What is the penalty for the first no-call, no-show of my career... A warning letter?
If you are a man and you can't come into work simply call in and take yourself out of service for the day. It's that simple.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You don't have to call in sick. You can simply call and say you won't be in and that you're taking yourself out of service. Thus eliminating the possibility of ANC/no call, no show. They can still apply this towards any attendance issues you might or might not have, but you're not jeopardizing your job.

I have been working for UPS for more than 30 years.
I have never worked Sunday in those 30+ years, and UPS does not own me, or my time.
I call in sick only when I am truly sick.
I am fully willing to suffer the consequences of my actions, but I will not lie.
I am a Christian and believe in following the 10 Commandments.
Another warning letter will help me wallpaper my bathroom.
Jesus would tell you to call in and let them know you won't be in.

Re-Raise

I don't see how it will help enough with volume on Monday to make it worth the hassle at my center.

Businesses will be closed and the residentials I deliver will be the same people who get more crap on Monday.

I will just have two Amazon packages for them Sunday and two for them Monday.