Uneasy About OLCC

MassWineGuy

My manager is extremely good to us. A few times when I missed my break she has gone into the system and adjusted to avoid break violations. Yes, I know what that is and it’s wrong.

Yesterday, after a pretty successful stretch, I miscalculated my start time and should have taken a break when I thought it wasn’t needed because I’d not go past six hours.

Fair is fair, I guess, and she’s giving me an OLCC. My fear is that it’ll happen again, knowing myself. Setting multiple alarms on my phone has worked very well. Still bugs me.

If a letter disappears after a year, does an OLCC ever fade away?

thedownhillEXPRESS

They usually mean nothing .
I probably have dozens over the years.
If they are out for you they may try to use them to start the documentation trail, but extremely unlikely.

whenIgetthere

OLCC's aren't anything to worry about, unless it's the for the same reason over and over. When it gets to the letter stage, then you gotta straighten up.

Basement Dweller

I had 9 OLCC in a single year. They mean nothing. I get one for every day I call off, even with a proper excuse. The only thing they're good for is stop you from promoting within, unless that position has more responsibilities and labor like Ramp Agent or DG in that case OLCCs don't stop you there.

MassWineGuy

I know, I know. For most of my (part) time career I just did pickups and rarely worked over five hours. Taking breaks if I went over six wasn’t something that I needed to realistically be aware of.

Response changed that. Setting phone alarms helps a great deal. Yesterday I had what I believed was my start time at the forefront of my mind. I just didn’t look at my time card to verify.

SmithBarney

Yes. Only if you’re on the Time Card screen. Usually I’m not. But I could look at it more often.

Takes all of 3 seconds to switch apps and go back to deliveries/pickups. Not really much excuse for missing a break, honestly.
Exactly, plus you need the time card for at least 4 additional time codes as you end the day, end on road, post trip, crr clerical, end time. silly excuse.

Star B

White Lightening
Exactly, plus you need the time card for at least 4 additional time codes as you end the day, end on road, post trip, crr clerical, end time. silly excuse.
unless he's one of those states that require a break after 3-4 hours on the clock, no matter what.

Maui

Not to worry unless you're in California. There break violations lead to letters. OLCC doesn't mean anything other than to document a conversation.

Your manager can get fired for that activity. Even a single occurrence. i know entire stations that were cleared for that very reason. Your manager may or may not know that. If you have relationship let them know. Lastly, you should take a break over 6 always.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
OLCC doesn't mean anything other than to document a conversation.
We need MF and/or some of his cronies to come back and tell us that an OLCC is worse than a warning letter and that you should never acknowledge one and they are only used to target you for termination and that you should spend hundreds of dollars to hire a lawyer and so forth.
Those were the days!