Unemployment

bluehdmc

In NJ it's similar to what Raceanoncr said. You have to be offered work, "similar to what you were hired for, and at a similar rate of pay. At least until extended benefits kick in. Things may be different for the OP, I'd check the rules with unemployment.

Dark_Team_135

If you are in the Central Region there is this language that should be included in every supplement:

Article 3 Section 6 Central Region Supplement

If a laid-off, full-time employee elects to take a layoff rather than exercise his/her right to displace a part-time employee, he/she shall be considered a laid-off employee for lack of work for the purpose of unemployment compensation.

Check your contract for this or similar wording in the seniority or layoff language...

D

Dis-organized Labor

I've heard that standing at the off-ramps of Interstates with a "God Bless You---Gimme' some Money" signs work.

Try That!!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
If you are in the Central Region there is this language that should be included in every supplement:

Article 3 Section 6 Central Region Supplement

If a laid-off, full-time employee elects to take a layoff rather than exercise his/her right to displace a part-time employee, he/she shall be considered a laid-off employee for lack of work for the purpose of unemployment compensation.

Check your contract for this or similar wording in the seniority or layoff language...

UPS just hates even paying legit claims. You will likely not have to repay anything, I'd be surprised from what you've said here. Go explain the situation, check your supplement language, and if worse comes to worse you would still be making less than your normal wages and usually entitled to "underemployment" compensation. Good luck!