Unfair DQ from Intergrad atlanta

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by PalletDockShifter, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Ive been at UPS for 8 years and have done package carwash and shifting for 5. I went to inergrad atlanta last week and the trainer told me I failed the driving test but the driving test was at 11:10am and they had scheduled my flight at 09:40am. Can they do that? The trainer was picking on me all week and was looking for a reason to fail me...

2. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

What did they say you did?

3. He failed. Can't you read??

4. Tony Q

Tony Q Well-Known Member

Without knowing all your specifics I would take this to the grievance procedure.

5. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

They can DQ you for any reason. I don't see you winning a grievance.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. He told me I failed the driving test. But thats not true because my flight was scheduled before the driving test. I was asking questions to learn and he was getting mad saying i was challenging him and at one point went back and forth where i told him "im asking questions to learn not to challenge you. Its not an ego thing." When i said that he took my scanner and told me to basically go stand away from everyone. I tried to apologize later and told him I know id be a good package car driver and im just trying to learn and that pissed him off too. Everything i said offended him. The director said when they were dqing me "i have no doubt youd be a good package car driver. I fail ppl who would make good package car drivers all the time and i pass people that wouldnt. We have standards"

They didnt give me a fair chance. The only way they could fail me is to make something up because I was doing well. It was my last test and they had already scheduled the flight before the test.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  7. Filing monday...

8. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 Fight the power.

Elaborate a little on “awkward “ and “ rough around the edges “

9. You'd have to know me i dont know how to explain it. I stutter a little and sometimes people take me the wrong way. When i first got there he asked if anyone had questions and i asked how we are getting paid for the week and he didnt like that. He got mad when I was calling out my 10s and messed up and said "I had them earlier". After i scanned some boxes and delivered them he asked me to pick them back up and I asked "why do you do that?". Wondering if they were pickups. He got offended by whatever i said.

10. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 Fight the power.

I see. Ups is run like the military. They are like drill Sargents and just want you to yes sir and no sir. You do that then collect your paycheck and go home. Good luck to you sir.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

So you had an attitude problem?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  12. No man i was being really nice. I really wanted to learn.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Single digit midget!

No you didn’t.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. BlackCat

BlackCat Active Member

Whatever happened to hopping in a truck and taking a cruise around the block?

My road test was right through ASU campus. Snapper galore.

The supervisor said, "if you can drive through here without being distracted, you can drive anywhere"

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. I was on computers most of the time and taking tests. People that have college degrees would do real well in the class. I always had trouble in school and im a little slow in social situations but ive always been a fast loader and shifter.

16. BlackCat

BlackCat Active Member

If that is truly the case, I think you are underestimating your abilities.

The fact that you were able to type out a complete sentence puts you ahead of 90% of the employees at UPS.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Discrimination

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Maybe you just need to focus on being the best loader and shifter you can be

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Single digit midget!

I hear the best sorter alive title is up for grabs.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  20. hAB6jyDq5cEsE.gif

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List