Unfair DQ from Intergrad atlanta

PalletDockShifter

Ive been at UPS for 8 years and have done package carwash and shifting for 5. I went to inergrad atlanta last week and the trainer told me I failed the driving test but the driving test was at 11:10am and they had scheduled my flight at 09:40am. Can they do that? The trainer was picking on me all week and was looking for a reason to fail me...

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Ive been at UPS for 8 years and have done package carwash and shifting for 5. I recently went to Intergrad atlanta and one of the trainers did not like me from day 1. They ended up failing me for what they said was failing the driving test. However the driving test was at 11:10am and come to find out they scheduled my flight at 9:40am that same day. The drivinf test was the last test and I was passing! Can they be deceitful in their reasoning for DQing? How could I have passed the test if they already scheduled my flight? I would have missed the flight if I passed. I would have been a great package car driver!

What did they say you did?

Tony Q

Ive been at UPS for 8 years and have done package carwash and shifting for 5. I went to inergrad atlanta last week and the trainer told me I failed the driving test but the driving test was at 11:10am and they had scheduled my flight at 09:40am. Can they do that? The trainer was picking on me all week and was looking for a reason to fail me...
Without knowing all your specifics I would take this to the grievance procedure.

PalletDockShifter

What did they say you did?
He told me I failed the driving test. But thats not true because my flight was scheduled before the driving test. I was asking questions to learn and he was getting mad saying i was challenging him and at one point went back and forth where i told him "im asking questions to learn not to challenge you. Its not an ego thing." When i said that he took my scanner and told me to basically go stand away from everyone. I tried to apologize later and told him I know id be a good package car driver and im just trying to learn and that pissed him off too. Everything i said offended him. The director said when they were dqing me "i have no doubt youd be a good package car driver. I fail ppl who would make good package car drivers all the time and i pass people that wouldnt. We have standards"

They didnt give me a fair chance. The only way they could fail me is to make something up because I was doing well. It was my last test and they had already scheduled the flight before the test.

Last edited:

PalletDockShifter

Elaborate a little on “awkward “ and “ rough around the edges “
You'd have to know me i dont know how to explain it. I stutter a little and sometimes people take me the wrong way. When i first got there he asked if anyone had questions and i asked how we are getting paid for the week and he didnt like that. He got mad when I was calling out my 10s and messed up and said "I had them earlier". After i scanned some boxes and delivered them he asked me to pick them back up and I asked "why do you do that?". Wondering if they were pickups. He got offended by whatever i said.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
You'd have to know me i dont know how to explain it. I stutter a little and sometimes people take me the wrong way. When i first got there he asked if anyone had questions and i asked how we are getting paid for the week and he didnt like that. He got mad when I was calling out my 10s and messed up and said "I had them earlier". After i scanned some boxes and delivered them he asked me to pick them back up and I asked "why do you do that?". Wondering if they were pickups. He got offended by whatever i said.
I see. Ups is run like the military. They are like drill Sargents and just want you to yes sir and no sir. You do that then collect your paycheck and go home. Good luck to you sir.

BlackCat

Whatever happened to hopping in a truck and taking a cruise around the block?

My road test was right through ASU campus. Snapper galore.

The supervisor said, "if you can drive through here without being distracted, you can drive anywhere"

PalletDockShifter

Whatever happened to hopping in a truck and taking a cruise around the block?

My road test was right through ASU campus. Snapper galore.

The supervisor said, "if you can drive through here without being distracted, you can drive anywhere"
I was on computers most of the time and taking tests. People that have college degrees would do real well in the class. I always had trouble in school and im a little slow in social situations but ive always been a fast loader and shifter.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was on computers most of the time and taking tests. People that have college degrees would do real well in the class. I always had trouble in school and im a little slow in social situations but ive always been a fast loader and shifter.

Maybe you just need to focus on being the best loader and shifter you can be

Maybe you just need to focus on being the best loader and shifter you can be
hAB6jyDq5cEsE.gif