Unified pensions

rod

Retired 22 years
At my building you had to be really horrible not to be kept on PT after Peak.

I can't recall any peak temp ever being kept on in 30 years I worked. In fact about a quarter of the regular full time was always laid off for anywhere from a week or 2 to a month or two after Christmas. You must have quite the turnover at your building.

Inthegame

I can't recall any peak temp ever being kept on in 30 years I worked. In fact about a quarter of the regular full time was always laid off for anywhere from a week or 2 to a month or two after Christmas. You must have quite the turnover at your building.
That's how I got hired. Never was laid off for more than a couple days in the first few months. Things change...

PT Car Washer

My building does not hire temporary Peak help. Only permanent PT year long. Driver lay offs have started this week though.

finaddict

Now Roadway-Yellow is In negotiation for a buyout by UPS. Yellow has been giving concessions for years yet the Teamster leadership says getting their fund is good...BS...NO MORE ORPHANS! See what it is, drivers on the cheap when we strike and are replaced. Overnight and Yellow all over our trucks and runs while we cry about our paltry $36-$37 and hour on the picket line. BUT $250 a week in strike benefits! How do I do a closed fist raising in the air in solidarity image? Yeah....Screw them!! We're taking back our union and are going to show management we mean it! What's it?