Uniform Compliance...New Hot Button Issue

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Nolimitz informed us about the shoes, but I'm hearing the emphasis on uniform compliance is system-wide. What a craphole. Maybe they should let us get uniforms items so we can comply?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They're too cheap.

Just something else they want use to build a case against us. A real classy move.

CJinx

Our SM is a big proponent in all station staff wearing some sort of Fedex apparel, and budgets accordingly; I have a myriad of polo and long sleeve shirts of various colors. I also have more "Fedex Cares" purple t-shirts than I know what to do with(we do volunteer stuff 2-3 times a month).

Dex01

Banned
Nolimitz informed us about the shoes, but I'm hearing the emphasis on uniform compliance is system-wide. What a craphole. Maybe they should let us get uniforms items so we can comply?

This is nothing new. When I first started with the company years back somebody was told to blacken out their shoes with a permanent marker, and one of my managers told me they were at a station where somebody was terminated for wearing a Packer's hat. I also remember this time when the district manager was visiting, and some malcontent complained about the the Ground driver that came to our station not wearing a proper uniform. It wasn't you was it? Anyway, that day when the Ground guy pulled up to our station the DM dropped everything she was doing, and ran right out to inspect the driver's uniform. He was pretty pissed off about it, and enlisted me to find out who had complained about him, but I never did find out. This was a few years ago. Like I said, cracking down on apparel is nothing out of the ordinary.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I'm sorry, I meant to say that FedEx is the most caring, empathetic, compassionate, selfless, sensitive, lenient, democratic, merciful, charitable and humane corporation on the planet.

if you're a black and white Chinese bear

Dex01

Banned
I'm sorry, I meant to say that FedEx is the most caring, empathetic, compassionate, selfless, sensitive, lenient, democratic, merciful, charitable and humane corporation on the planet.

if you're a black and white Chinese bear

What corporations that you know of personify those traits?

Route 66

None, but I don't see people walking around town in shirts proudly proclaiming 'GM CARES!', 'Wal-Mart CARES!', 'UPS CARES!' either. That's what gets under my skin. Those of us who aren't under the influence of the purple juice know exactly how much FedEx "cares"

Dex01

Banned
None, but I don't see people walking around town in shirts proudly proclaiming 'GM CARES!', 'Wal-Mart CARES!', 'UPS CARES!' either. That's what gets under my skin. Those of us who aren't under the influence of the purple juice know exactly how much FedEx "cares"

Even in the most barbarous of systems there are those that still benefit. Perhaps the employees that you construe to be under the influence of the "purple juice" are doing well for themselves, and as such have reason to support the company. You shouldn't denigrate them for it.

overflowed

Even in the most barbarous of systems there are those that still benefit. Perhaps the employees that you construe to be under the influence of the "purple juice" are doing well for themselves, and as such have reason to support the company. You shouldn't denigrate them for it.
Please continue. I really would like you to explain your thinking in more detail.

overflowed

Our SM is a big proponent in all station staff wearing some sort of Fedex apparel, and budgets accordingly; I have a myriad of polo and long sleeve shirts of various colors. I also have more "Fedex Cares" purple t-shirts than I know what to do with(we do volunteer stuff 2-3 times a month).
Budgets accordingly? There are like what 4 employees in the whole building?

Route 66

fair enuff...CJinx isn't a guy though, if that puts it in a different light. (and my post wasn't intended to trash her)

Dex01

Banned
fair enuff...CJinx isn't a guy though, if that puts it in a different light. (and my post wasn't intended to trash her)

It doesn't change much. In my experience, people who use the word myriad are usually wankers. To me, the subtext is "look at me, look at me, look at me!". It's funny though, because a lot of people pronounce it incorrectly with a long "A".

Route 66

I love the term "wanker". I almost got the boot from a British-based forum once for using it. Evidently the word carries a whole lot more weight on that side of the pond.