Uniform Quality, Part 2

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One of our drivers had just received his uniform order Friday and thought he would wear one of his new short sleeve shirts as it was going to be in the 70's. I am not making this up---the UPS logo was upside down and the left shirt sleeve had been hemmed but the right had not. We all got a kick out of it, including the dispatch sup and center manager, and joked about the quality control at Cintas. He decided to wear it to see how many of his customer's noticed.

Cintas used to have excellent quality uni's. Here the last uni's I got was from Spring Hills or something lit that. They were made in China, probably by that same 7 year old Chinese kid @ .75 cents per hour. Bless his heart.

JonFrum

What do you expect from a 7 year old Chinese worker making 75 cents a day?
And he doesn't get the whole 75 cents now. It's 37.5 cents August 1, 2010, and 37.5 cents February 1, 2011.
- - - -
By the way, flying the US Flag upside-down is a legally recognized sign of distress. If you believe UPS has lost it's way, wearing the UPS logo upside-down seems appropriate.

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
One of our drivers had just received his uniform order Friday and thought he would wear one of his new short sleeve shirts as it was going to be in the 70's. I am not making this up---the UPS logo was upside down and the left shirt sleeve had been hemmed but the right had not. We all got a kick out of it, including the dispatch sup and center manager, and joked about the quality control at Cintas. He decided to wear it to see how many of his customer's noticed.

Cintas is also sending out recycled uniforms... not kidding... Driver opened up box shirts and trousers had the name of the previous wearer...

The worst uniforms ever. You can order 3 of anything in the same size and they all fit differently. Zippers break very easily after only several wears. The colors don't match... on and on....

The prior company was Riverside - now we use them only to order the brown UPS socks.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We get the poor quality Twin Hill garbage here. The last time I ordered a couple of shirts, the UPS logo just fell off of one, they forgot to iron it on. I also have one where they put the logo on the right side instead of the left. My favorite is the shirt with no logo on it, it reminds me of the ones we had when I first started driving. I just wish I had the pocket protector and the name tag to go with it.....

browniehound

I think Riverside was the best. The Cintas pants don't fit the right way, so I'm putting off wearing them until my Riverside's wear out. The Cintas shirts are OK, but I ripped a hole in the crotch of my pants the first day I wore them. Nothing has changed in me, e. g. the same hieght and weight. I put down the same measurements on the order form and I get crap that doesn't fit. I also get a belt that is shredded and ripped after a month of use.

Anyone else have this experience?

Cintas is also sending out recycled uniforms... not kidding... Driver opened up box shirts and trousers had the name of the previous wearer...

The worst uniforms ever. You can order 3 of anything in the same size and they all fit differently. Zippers break very easily after only several wears. The colors don't match... on and on....

The prior company was Riverside - now we use them only to order the brown UPS socks.
The reissuing of used unis isn't anything new, they were doing that 20 years ago.

pakmule

A roller dog for lunch
Lets not forget about the burlap quality thread. It takes about 20 wash cycles to soften up before you can wear them.

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
I think Riverside was the best. The Cintas pants don't fit the right way, so I'm putting off wearing them until my Riverside's wear out. The Cintas shirts are OK, but I ripped a hole in the crotch of my pants the first day I wore them. Nothing has changed in me, e. g. the same hieght and weight. I put down the same measurements on the order form and I get crap that doesn't fit. I also get a belt that is shredded and ripped after a month of use.

Anyone else have this experience?

Yep same complaints around here. You have to order 1 size larger with Cintas. Since they are sending recycled uniforms - each pair fits differently and the browns don't match - faded from being used...