Uniform rules

brownboxman

A few drivers were standing around talking waiting for start time the other morning when an on-road sup walked up and told them there were a few of them not in compliance with uniform rules. He said it is not acceptable to wear a short sleve shirt with a vest. Any comments?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
A few drivers were standing around talking waiting for start time the other morning when an on-road sup walked up and told them there were a few of them not in compliance with uniform rules. He said it is not acceptable to wear a short sleve shirt with a vest. Any comments?
Just wear the vest without a shirt underneath. Tell the on-road that this is the way you'll wear it from now on, hillbilly style.:wink2:

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I have never seen that rule written or have ever heard of anyone being asked not to wear the vest and short sleeves. I do it all the time.

Ask to be shown the rule.

A

anonymous6

as always , at UPS, it depends on who you are. If you are one of the pets like we have around here, you can have long hair, shirt tail out, undershirt showing outside pants, day growth of beard, sneakers, etc, etc.

if you don't suck you know what, they get on to you about every little thing.

ups767mech

as always , at UPS, it depends on who you are. If you are one of the pets like we have around here, you can have long hair, shirt tail out, undershirt showing outside pants, day growth of beard, sneakers, etc, etc.

Hilarious, same thing here in Aircraft Maintenance. Guess i dont suck any you know what.

City Driver

do workers who work in the building like loaders and preloaders have to wear uniforms?

here, when on the dock u can wear basically whatever u want (within reason)....of when delivering we have to wear uniforms, which is understandable

but one thing i dont get....why do road drivers have to wear uniforms???? they never see customers, they just go from one terminal to the next...sure maybe its more professional but nobody even sees them outside of our own workers! think of how many road drivers there is at UPS freight and how much uniform allowance each gets, that adds up to alot of money

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
i know here in 705 the contract states any combination of shirts and pants i.e. shorts or long pants with short sleeves or long sleeves or non tuck in shirts. also we are allowed to wear our union pin on our left front collor. also want to point out one thing. when the company changed its logo managers were yelling at drivers for wearing socks with the old logo on it but driving a truck with a big honking old logo on it. i guess its not about the logo but more to beat on there chests

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Like your beat up car, being in the parking lot, all covered with snow. Looks like a junker, to me.:wink2:

Hilarious, same thing here in Aircraft Maintenance. Guess i dont suck any you know what.
Your car is about to be towed!:wink2: Here's the link, for my inside joke, in case no one gets it, though I know Hoax does.:happy2: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/ups-towed-my-car-from-employee-parking-lot.221413/

do workers who work in the building like loaders and preloaders have to wear uniforms? No, but they have to wear safety shoes and "reasonable" work clothing. No bikinin's, flip flops, gang colors......you get the picture.

here, when on the dock u can wear basically whatever u want (within reason)....of when delivering we have to wear uniforms, which is understandable

but one thing i dont get....why do road drivers have to wear uniforms???? they never see customers, they just go from one terminal to the next...sure maybe its more professional but nobody even sees them outside of our own workers! think of how many road drivers there is at UPS freight and how much uniform allowance each gets, that adds up to alot of money
What about when they stop for lunch/break, etc...? Uniform allowance, what's that?

BigBrownUPSMan

That statement is wrong on so many levels. However as in all companies so very true!

Sammie

The master of the people is their servant.- Yemeni (on leadership)

Too bad they don't offer management a course in philosophy...

over9five

Staff member
There is a brandy new uniform guidelines poster posted in Feeders. Remember all the tattoo debates we've had? The poster clearly says you cannot have any tattoos that can be seen.

If I can, I'll sneak a picture of the poster Monday.

Sammie

There is a brandy new uniform guidelines poster posted in Feeders. Remember all the tattoo debates we've had? The poster clearly says you cannot have any tattoos that can be seen.

There they go again with their guidelines, over reacting as usual. Now if this guy were to show up at your door in browns with a delivery, what would be the big deal?

ATT00003.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
i know here in 705 the contract states any combination of shirts and pants i.e. shorts or long pants with short sleeves or long sleeves or non tuck in shirts. also we are allowed to wear our union pin on our left front collor. also want to point out one thing. when the company changed its logo managers were yelling at drivers for wearing socks with the old logo on it but driving a truck with a big honking old logo on it. i guess its not about the logo but more to beat on there chests
I still wear shirts and socks with the old logo on em. I call them my, throwback gear, LOL.

FINALLY! Now they can fire all of those idiots that have tattoos. Maybe the dreadlock/long hair wearers will be next, followed by transgendered, gays, blacks, jews, and those accursed Puerto Rican's.

sorry, couldn't resist, lol.:happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There they go again with their guidelines, over reacting as usual. Now if this guy were to show up at your door in browns with a delivery, what would be the big deal?

ATT00003.jpg

Unfortunately, even though this guy could have a 4.0 from MIT and be accepted as a Rhodes Scholar, he will always be judged (at least by me) based on outward appearance.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
do workers who work in the building like loaders and preloaders have to wear uniforms?

Working for feeders I traditionally bid night jobs - 930 pm start or close to that time. They are pretty easygoing with us and what we wear. I haven't been in compliance with uniform guidelines in a good year and a half. Pants and shorts yes but shirts and jackets no. Any brown shirt and/or sweatshirt without any type of UPS identification is accepted. TDP guys that deal with customers can't get away with the non company issue clothing. Must be in compliance.

UPSNewbie

Working for feeders I traditionally bid night jobs - 930 pm start or close to that time. They are pretty easygoing with us and what we wear. I haven't been in compliance with uniform guidelines in a good year and a half. Pants and shorts yes but shirts and jackets no. Any brown shirt and/or sweatshirt without any type of UPS identification is accepted. TDP guys that deal with customers can't get away with the non company issue clothing. Must be in compliance.

In my short time at UPS, I've never seen a feeder driver in shorts. You guys must crank the A/C!