uniforms

hpm

I'm going on my observation ride tomorrow, I was wondering when I iron my pants if the pleads need to ironed out or stay in? just picked up uniform today. thanks for the help

Scuderia1

That's the least of your worries. You should watch closely and try to understand. You probably won't even need to iron them.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cementups

Box Monkey
Our uniforms are perm-press. No need to iron. Just wash them so they don't still have the fold creases from being in the plastic bag.

They are PLEATS, not PLEADS

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Why would you iron your pants? Your not going to church, your slinging boxes like a monkey and getting dirty all day. They did tell you this I hope lol.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yeah, it's a different UPS. Veteran drivers say it used to be more like the military. Now we have guys at PCM wearing anything you can think of and the only guys in my center who shine their shoes are some of the 20+ year guys. These are the guys who never wear jacket cut uniforms and always have their shirt perfectly tucked & the seam of the shirt right in line with the belt buckle, etc.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When I first came into feeders, you could throw your dirty pants in a hamper and 2x a week a cleaners would come, pick them up, wash and press them, put em on a hanger and bring them back and hang them up for you. Only problem was they would sometimes lose your pants or sometimes fellow feeder drivers would steal your pants if you didn't grab them quickly. The company quit doing that shortly after I came in the department tho. Back then, there was also a rule you couldn't wear your work pants home. That rule fell by the wayside a long time ago. They told us they didn't want us to stop at a watering hole in our full uniform because customers would think we were on the clock drinking.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I suggest you crinkle them up and pee on them and see if ,since it is Friday,they will send you home
Exactly , you may want to smear some poop on the pants as well , since it's Friday before Mother's Day and all.
http://t.co/hrZFHyWslR. This uniform looks pretty damn good.

Oh, great----another maroon has joined the forum. :(

BTW, I thought it was great to see Johnny Football sit there for over 3 hours watching other players get drafted before him. Cleveland will be a good fit for him.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Oh, great----another maroon has joined the forum. :(

BTW, I thought it was great to see Johnny Football sit there for over 3 hours watching other players get drafted before him. Cleveland will be a good fit for him.
It's me, your good buddy,Brown12345. I changed my username. I made a thread about it last night but someone deleted it and put me in que. They must think I'm new as well.

retired2000

What is wrong with looking good? Do not understand the new ups. We would get talked to if our shoes were not shined and our shirts not tucked in. Hate the way the drivers look now with tears in their shirts and pants.

oldngray

nowhere special
What is wrong with looking good? Do not understand the new ups. We would get talked to if our shoes were not shined and our shirts not tucked in. Hate the way the drivers look now with tears in their shirts and pants.

When was the last time you saw any shoe polish at one of those shoe polish stations?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When was the last time you saw any shoe polish at one of those shoe polish stations?

Ours is well stocked.

We had a mall driver (now in feeders) who was one of the worst offenders. You would think that mgt would want to make sure the driver on one of our more visible routes looked presentable. He had a UPS sweatshirt that he liked to wear that had more holes than a slice of Swiss cheese.

Theking30

SHORTY
We had a new driver start one time and his wife iron his pants and shirt. We all had a good laugh, about a few weeks went by and he got the wrinkles. Not sure if he decided it was not worth it, or if his wife got tired of ironing.