Union/Corporate

blee1105

I've watched this site for quite some time. And as a 13 year UPS corporate employee, I would like to make one comment. UPS Union employees appear to be a much whiner bunch of employees than Non-Union employees. Has anyone in the union watched 180 of their fellow coworkers get laid off in one day, while the majority of their work was outsourced to India? No. Because not only do you have the benefits of having a local job, you also have the Union on your side. So please just think about the other UPS'ers that are less fortunate before you complain here about something petty. Thank you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have a ton of respect for my immediate sups. I know all they are doing is following orders from above. Once u get past center manager though have no connection. Don't care to.

HubBub

I've watched this site for quite some time. And as a 13 year UPS corporate employee, I would like to make one comment. UPS Union employees appear to be a much whiner bunch of employees than Non-Union employees. Has anyone in the union watched 180 of their fellow coworkers get laid off in one day, while the majority of their work was outsourced to India? No. Because not only do you have the benefits of having a local job, you also have the Union on your side. So please just think about the other UPS'ers that are less fortunate before you complain here about something petty. Thank you.

You come here to whine about whiners to get the to stop whining? Surely this thread will get some responses whining about you whining about whiners too!

UPSER110

I am proud to be a union employee, I have made the choice to stay with UPS because the job security, pay, and benefits. The union has made all those things possible for my union brothers/sisters and me. I will be able to support myself and family living a comfortable life. Sure people complain about their job, I think that's pretty normal no matter what you do union or not. If you want those benefits we have, put in the time (5+ years part-time) to get a chance at a friend/t job that you might not even be able to qualify.

blee1105

HubBub: I'm not asking for anyone to stop what they're doing. All I'm asking is for them to think of others in the organization.

UPSER110

And I feel for you, it sucks to see people laid off and jobs outsourced to India be it UPS or any other company. The United States isn't like it used to be, there is no loyalty from companies. Its all about corporate greed and making every last penny.

blee1105

UPSER110: Talking about putting in 5+ yrs part time to get benefits. I knew people that put in 25+ full time years only to get told at the drop of a dime that their job was being outsourced to India because they would work for $35 a week with no benefits. It would have been nice for them if they would have had a union supporting them.

blee1105

Thanks UPSER110. It just pisses me off to hear Obama talk about keeping jobs in the US, while UPS continues to send them overseas

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
HubBub: I'm not asking for anyone to stop what they're doing. All I'm asking is for them to think of others in the organization.

I do, that's why they call us TEAMSTERS. You made your choice, as did we. I wouldn't expect someone who's never been in package to undestand how it is down here on the front lines. We work hard and have earned the right to come here and empathize with fellow union hourlies.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
UPSER110: Talking about putting in 5+ yrs part time to get benefits. I knew people that put in 25+ full time years only to get told at the drop of a dime that their job was being outsourced to India because they would work for $35 a week with no benefits. It would have been nice for them if they would have had a union supporting them.
I've seen drivers get fired and not get their job back for doing a couple stupid things. If the same measures were put on the idiotic blunders this company produces from way up high, they'd have to clear the whole tower twice a year.

blee1105

Jackburton: I've been in pkg and understand the brotherhood of the Teamsters. Bottom line was, I couldn't move up in the organization on the pkg side like I could on the corporate side.

blee1105

Jackburton: And if there were not so many damaged, mis-sorted, or just straight up missing packages, We wouldn't have to deal with pissed off customers as much. Face it, when things don't go like they are supposed to, the customer can't complain to their driver to get any type of retribution.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Jackburton: I've been in pkg and understand the brotherhood of the Teamsters. Bottom line was, I couldn't move up in the organization on the pkg side like I could on the corporate side.

Again, you made your choice. Most people nowadays see blue collar work as nothing, they need to climb that corporate ladder in order to succeed in life. Look around at all these college kids who can draw a house, but don't want to build it. Guess what, skilled labor is needed to make that piece of paper into reality. This is the problem with corporate, everyone trying to justify their jobs while we go and make it happen. Grass is always greener over the septic tank.

Buck Fifty

All I will say is your welcome and leave it at that. By the way, it's ok to whine here, but crying is off limits.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Jackburton: And if there were not so many damaged, mis-sorted, or just straight up missing packages, We wouldn't have to deal with pissed off customers as much. Face it, when things don't go like they are supposed to, the customer can't complain to their driver to get any type of retribution.
Who do you think they complain to next time we see them? Who do you think goes out and does followups? Who has to explain why were are allowed to deliver at 900pm because someone in corporate only wants to run XX amount of routes? Drivers

Who declares we start preload 30 mins later to save $4.25 hr while we have $32.00 hr employees waiting to leave while crap is coming down the belt? Who creates reports about reports that failed to meet reports about fictitious numbers some kid in a cubicle decided based on google maps? Corporate

quamba 638

How long did you work as a Teamster before you moved into management? I will say the same thing I tell all the PT sups that complain to me about how they're treated "I didn't sign you up for the job".
Every sup at my hub gets treated like dog :censored2:, constantly getting screamed at. The last 3 FT sups in my area left for driving jobs. You had to know what you were getting into...