Union Drive Starts at Tax-Dodging FedEx Ground

WhatCrass

Do you pay your fair share in taxes? You probably pay more than your fair share for wars, bailouts and corporate givebacks. FedEx, on the other hand, dodges taxes left and right as budget cuts are slashing education, firehouses, libraries, jobs, benefits, etc. US Uncut states, “When it comes to paying their fair share of taxes, FedEx simply does not deliver. When FedEx made $1.9 billion in profits, they managed to pay less than .0005% of it in taxes by using 21 tax havens. FedEx also spent 42 times (4200%) more on lobbying Congress than they did in taxes.” Meanwhile, they have cut thousands of jobs, and have paid the FedEx Ground CEO David Rebholz over $4.5 million in “compensation” last year. What did he do to deserve this reward? Keep wages low and bust unions drives, apparently. FedEx Ground package handlers make less than $11,000 a year, wages so low they qualify for food stamps and Mass Health while doing grueling physical labor with no breaks, no sick days and poverty wages. FedEx Ground package handlers in Brockton, MA are standing up and fighting back. They deserve all of our support. FedEx management has called the cops on these workers while they were organizing off of company property. Still, Brockton workers filed for election with the NLRB to be represented by Teamsters Local 653. Oppose tax dodging? Hate union busters? Angry about corporate domination? Help us organize FedEx workers into unions across the country. Build actions to oppose FedEx tax dodging. We can do this. Let’s win. If you can help in any way with this union drive please e-mail us!

Last edited by a moderator:

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Do you pay your fair share in taxes? You probably pay more than your fair share for wars, bailouts and corporate givebacks. FedEx, on the other hand, dodges taxes left and right as budget cuts are slashing education, firehouses, libraries, jobs, benefits, etc. US Uncut states, “When it comes to paying their fair share of taxes, FedEx simply does not deliver. When FedEx made $1.9 billion in profits, they managed to pay less than .0005% of it in taxes by using 21 tax havens. FedEx also spent 42 times (4200%) more on lobbying Congress than they did in taxes.” Meanwhile, they have cut thousands of jobs, and have paid the FedEx Ground CEO David Rebholz over $4.5 million in “compensation” last year. What did he do to deserve this reward? Keep wages low and bust unions drives, apparently. FedEx Ground package handlers make less than $11,000 a year, wages so low they qualify for food stamps and Mass Health while doing grueling physical labor with no breaks, no sick days and poverty wages. FedEx Ground package handlers in Brockton, MA are standing up and fighting back. They deserve all of our support. FedEx management has called the cops on these workers while they were organizing off of company property. Still, Brockton workers filed for election with the NLRB to be represented by Teamsters Local 653. Oppose tax dodging? Hate union busters? Angry about corporate domination? Help us organize FedEx workers into unions across the country. Build actions to oppose FedEx tax dodging. We can do this. Let’s win. If you can help in any way with this union drive please e-mail us!

Good luck Brother. You are going to go down in history when your successful!!

TUT

I believe every corporation of note does everything they can to come up with tax breaks. Both companies lobby hard in Washington.

brett636

I sincerely hope you are successful in your work to get fedex ground employees unionized. Unions are an excellent way to make the playing field a little more level by getting workers better pay, benefits, and job security.

With that being said please understand that corporations do not pay taxes. When a business or corporation is taxed it passes that cost onto its customers, so in essence the customers are paying the tax regardless of how high or low those taxes are. My advice is to try a little less demonizing on the tax issue and a little more on how the workers are treated and compensated. That is the heart of any good union drive.

Goodluck!

804brown

I sincerely hope you are successful in your work to get fedex ground employees unionized. Unions are an excellent way to make the playing field a little more level by getting workers better pay, benefits, and job security.

With that being said please understand that corporations do not pay taxes. When a business or corporation is taxed it passes that cost onto its customers, so in essence the customers are paying the tax regardless of how high or low those taxes are. My advice is to try a little less demonizing on the tax issue and a little more on how the workers are treated and compensated. That is the heart of any good union drive.

Goodluck!
Why not focus on the tax issue. Corporations and rich individuals have been getting their taxes slashed for decades. The fact is our govt at every level is bought and sold by these same rich folk and corporations. It is right they are taxed since a corporatized Supreme Ct once said that corporations were equal to people. If a company passes on that tax increase, then the "market" will sort itself out, right??

brett636

Why not focus on the tax issue. Corporations and rich individuals have been getting their taxes slashed for decades. The fact is our govt at every level is bought and sold by these same rich folk and corporations. It is right they are taxed since a corporatized Supreme Ct once said that corporations were equal to people. If a company passes on that tax increase, then the "market" will sort itself out, right??

Firstly, this is a union drive, not a political election. The subsequent contract will not contain any provision that fedex ground will pay more in taxes to the federal government because that does nothing to benefit the employees whom the contract covers. In fact this the exact reason why I and many other Americans have a love/hate relationship with the union itself. While it does good for the working people it covers the unions themselves put a lot of money into liberty hating politician's pockets who want nothing more than for me and everyone else to be on their dole for them to control. In other cases some unions are getting quite greedy and becoming a bigger burden on the workers by causing unemployment by not recognizing when their employers are in dire financial straights. This does not apply to all unions, but there are cases where it has.

Secondly, I will state again that corporations do not pay taxes, they simply collect them and pass them onto the federal government. When a corporation's taxes are raised it simply raises the prices of its goods and or services to cover the extra cost. I am not speaking specifically of fedex ground here as I'm certain that the government wouldn't simply raise the taxes on fedex ground alone, but would raise taxes on every corporation and cause the price of all things to go up with it.

Thirdly, and this is an issue with your statement that the rich don't pay taxes please be aware that the top 1% of income earners in this country account for 20% of the reported income, but pay 40% of our country's taxes. In fact the top 10% pay 75% of our nations taxes while the bottom 51% of wage earners pay nothing so your assertion that the rich pay nothing in taxes is simply false.

Now lets focus on the employees that are voting in or have voted for(not sure what has occurred yet) a union and hope they get the contract they deserve for their efforts.

Last edited: