Union Dues Leave No Money left

scoot_

I started doing driver helper mid Nov, got covid was out for 10 + days. After I was done with quarantine I didn't get any routes so by early/mid Dec I asked to do loading / unloading. And did that for a week, then they started sending me home after an hour, to basically after walking in the door.
Then they said just call in about an hour before start, staying home way more often than not. I got a couple good days, then payday comes and the checks are deducted to hell(didn't know it was union dues till after asking my SP)

By deducted to hell I mean I either didn't get paid at all or way below minimum wage.

Eventually I got a call back from my SP and he said to call who I assume is the HR lady to request to get it reimbursed
Just got off the phone with her and she said I can't anything reimbursed.
I would have been better off quitting before the first of the year as to making 6.47 an hour.

Am I sol?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
You would have to go to or call the union hall about a dues refund for weeks you were not working

imsolazy

You're going to have to figure out what local you are in. Then google IBT local # "XYZ". Then look for a phone number.
I worked at 2 different teamster represented companies and this is theonly company where I worked at that it was up to the new employee to figure out who his/her shop steward was or union rules. Their is no meet and greet like "hi, i'm Jim Smith and I am the shop steward if you have any union related questions feel free to ask". I thought it was only my center where this happen at but I guess it's nation wide. It took me 6 months to figure out who my shop steward was not that it really matters the way my center is ran if something were to happen I have zero confidence that the union would be much help.

scoot_

After getting bounced around it looks like I'm out of luck. Because I "According to the bylaws since you worked one day out of the month, then you are responsible for union dues, and it is not refundable"
So it's perfectly fine to make 6.47 an hour, or nothing.(688)