mrbrownstone

For those of you who have had a bad peak being forced to work excessive hours do you think there is any hope of the Union fighting for less hours worked in the upcoming contract? This year is nothing short of ridiculous.

Dr.Brownz

They don’t even file all my 9.5 grievances lol...only thing they do correctly on a regular basis is take my dues out once a month

Get better union people. You need guys who live to beat UPS at it's game of systematically violating the contract and getting away with no penalties. My old steward had a vendetta against UPS and we all knew he would fight for us.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Get better union people. You need guys who live to beat UPS at it's game of systematically violating the contract and getting away with no penalties. My old steward had a vendetta against UPS and we all knew he would fight for us.
We’ve got two stewards...one kisses butt all day everyday and he will be off by 515 everyday...the other one is good now but I’m afraid he’s gonna learn from the other guy and start making deals to benefit only himself

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We’ve got two stewards...one kisses butt all day everyday and he will be off by 515 everyday...the other one is good now but I’m afraid he’s gonna learn from the other guy and start making deals to benefit only himself
Run for the position, if the one truly is an ass kisser they’ll vote Trump style.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
i always find it interesting that Jan-Oct, the union fight; it's all about reduced OT, at least in the centers/drivers ; but then Nov/Dec it's like if you are only working 50, you are not a hero and not working enough hours.

I've seen people working triples 15-20 hours and somehow it's "cool" to do that. IMO it makes you look bad and sets a bad precedent, giving UPS more leeway to hire less seasonal help and perhaps even expect, that everyone does triples - etc.

It's really sad to think of the bass ackwards battle fighting OT all year, but JMO if there is ANY time AT ALL there should be reduced OT it is during Nov-Jan, and for many very valid reasons other than family and holidays

Dr.Brownz

I’m in the 177 which is one of the strongest locals in the country. We are getting abused here. 14 hour days, every day.

4481101.jpg

35years

Gravy route
All OT over 11 hrs completely voluntary year round.
No forced 6th or 7th punch.
No forced Holidays.

These are completely reasonable demands.

Remember when the Union used to say they brought us the 8 hr day and the 40 hr week?

Just remember how UPS treated you..

It is how they see us...Not co-workers or part of the team, but mules who have no right to see their children.

They believe they own our time...
They are wrong and unjust.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They took work away from me today. We have to get permission to work over 12 hours. I say dispatch is all the permission I need. We should be able to get as many hours as DOT allows if we want this time of year, yet I got just shy of 60 hours in 6 days last week. The most I've had all peak. I would be perfectly happy working 50 - 55 hrs/week year round. I'd be able to retire in ten years without even needing the pension.

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
They took work away from me today. We have to get permission to work over 12 hours. I say dispatch is all the permission I need. We should be able to get as many hours as DOT allows if we want this time of year, yet I got just shy of 60 hours in 6 days last week. The most I've had all peak. I would be perfectly happy working 50 - 55 hrs/week year round. I'd be able to retire in ten years without even needing the pension.
Central Region Supplemental Agreement:
Section l6 -Extra Work Seniority shall prevail for extra work and the work shall be assigned by seniority, within the classification and work area, to those who are qualified, present and available.
------------------------------------------------
If both drivers have hours available, and if they meet to take/give stops, both are present and available... so seniority should prevail for who does the extra work.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Central Region Supplemental Agreement:
Section l6 -Extra Work Seniority shall prevail for extra work and the work shall be assigned by seniority, within the classification and work area, to those who are qualified, present and available.
------------------------------------------------
If both drivers have hours available, and if they meet to take/give stops, both are present and available... so seniority should prevail for who does the extra work.

I was under the impression that there was a rule about it, was planning on looking into it. The issue was that they were directing everyone to be off the clock by a certain time. Work as directed, but I'm considering grieving it if there are grounds for a grievance.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was under the impression that there was a rule about it, was planning on looking into it. The issue was that they were directing everyone to be off the clock by a certain time. Work as directed, but I'm considering grieving it if there are grounds for a grievance.

You want to file a grievance for them taking work off of you and getting done at a reasonable time??