UPS_HOPEFULL

Hired as a full time driver now supervisor says I won't have a job as a driver because HR hired too many people. (3 too many). It's bee. 6 months since my hired date can the union help me with this?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
hazy.png

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We have several drivers who don't drive very often. Rules may differ from region to region or local to local, but your job classification is ground driver. In my area, after ten lay off days per calendar year, you can start bumping part timers, but you maintain your driver status. The best part is you continue to move up in the pay progression.

Check with your union rep for answers that are specific to your situation.

35years

Gravy route
Hired as a full time driver now supervisor says I won't have a job as a driver because HR hired too many people. (3 too many). It's bee. 6 months since my hired date can the union help me with this?

Are you in the Union?
Did you make book/pass probation/finish your packet?
Was it a permanent position?

Last edited:

Above10200

Read your contract, if you're a qualified driver you can bump any driver below you in seniority. You can also bump preload and reload to get your hours. They can cut you, I don't know for sure if you are scheduled what you get for hours, but if you are scheduled per the contract you get show up pay!!!!