Union or Management?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You're worked here...what a whole month or so and they've asked you about a PT sup position. Ever pause and think why they're asking you and not someone with more experience?

AndUPSER

If you are attending school for a field that you can get a job in and pays good, go management the last year or two just for the experience.

If you are getting a degree in something that will probably be tough to get a job in and will only make $30,000 a year, look at other options and stay union.

If you are not going to school at all, stay union. Almost zero advancement for pt supervisors with only a high school diploma.

watdaflock?

PT Sups are usually individuals who couldn't cut it as preloaders.

If you're a student and only consider UPS as a resume filler - go management.

uwotm8

You're worked here...what a whole month or so and they've asked you about a PT sup position. Ever pause and think why they're asking you and not someone with more experience?

Nobody has asked me anything?

I was looking for more in-depth thoughts into the stances people have with Union and management. That was all.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Management always wears protection?
images-185.jpeg

Bitcoinz

They wanted my "Avatar" pic.
I would step back and look how happy the supervisors are and how long they have been with the company in the same position.

I work with pt sups that have been with the company 10 years and get dic*ed around left and right... Our sort isle sup is ready to lose it, he looks so
stressed out every day. Management jumps on his :censored2: for the smallest mistakes and he's a mess :dead:. Not to mention he has been there close to 10 years and is desperate to get out and find a new line of work now. Which is sad, because he is a nice guy that walked down a dead-end path.

That's just one of a number of examples I can give you. Someone nailed it on the head when they said you might as well put a giant target on your back when you become a pt sup .

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Nobody has asked me anything?

I was looking for more in-depth thoughts into the stances people have with Union and management. That was all.
Management- you lose your job, your not getting it back and you pay for your benefits and no pension. Union- you lose your job, your getting it back unless you steal, fight, or kill somebody, healthcare 2.5 times your hourly rate, and pension, enough said and easy decision unless your brain dead lol.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you have no soul, or don't mind losing it; don't mind lying, cheating and stealing from good people, and can take orders no matter how asinine and unrealistic they may be, management is home.

uwotm8

If you have to ask after working here for a month then you should definitely go sup.

It's funny how assumptious people can be based on questions that just come out of curiosity (like mine for example). It was a question asking about the pros and cons and then questions about why.

New guys or guys who are looking into the company are probably on here reading these things because they too might consider their options. I appreciate the folks on here who took their time to answer a question to someone naive to everything (which is why I'm only asking in the first place).

Do you know what I want or what I need? No. UPS is a different ballgame for someone like me, and I've never dealt with how the system works in this company compared to anywhere else. Thanks to everyone for the responses. It helps.