Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

Agitator2

Over the coming weeks , months, years AGITATOR 2 will be reporting about our wonderful new e-board. It's going to be a blast. STAY TUNED

AGITATOR 2

Agitator2

"TROUBLE IN PARADISE" Word around town is our new VP does not like being the # 3 man AND we have big time in-fighting between our Pres. and VP. Folks it was only a matter of time. Details to follow.

What happened the the day before Valentine's. Word has it the big guy "Pres. Tim S." cut a deal with the company to allow all drivers to work that Sat. 2/13 for straight time. PLEASE say it ani't so.

What happened with TDU, how come they are not going crazy about our e-board raising co-pays and more than doubling the cost of retiree benfits. DAMM TDU always goes crazy when a local raises the cost or cuts the level of benefits. WHY NOT NOW.

I guess our new e-board does not think our local has members or shop stewards smart enough to work at the local, WHY do they have outsiders on the payroll I wonder what TDU would say if this was another local.

WANTED As Dion sang " Has anybody seen my old friend Mark H." Word has it he has not gone to Foster in over 6 weeks.I guess Big Tim can't control him either, he does what ever he wants.

More to Come
NEXT - our new BA - KR Agitator 1 and his ties to the" Fox Right wing" I guess it's OK when your getting paid. He should practice what he tries to preach.
Hey Agitator 1 why not post the story you wrote when the old e-board raised the co-pay's 5 bucks after 18 years. Don't worry if you don't we will. Hay by the way do you know what the innocent untill provin guilty language means yet. Oh and please tell everyone not forget to forget the sunscreen VEGAS in very hot this time of year. REMEMBER you wrote a story about the old e-boaed members spending dues money on trips. Oh well he you don't want to re-post that story I'm sure we will repost that one to.

That's all for now.

AGITATOR 2

local804

I am going to have to call New York State dept of Labor and report Timmy for breaking NYS overtime laws.
Thanks

Agitator2

I am going to have to call New York State dept of Labor and report Timmy for breaking NYS overtime laws.
Thanks

It's called breaking our contract, it is known as 6th day work. If that is OK with you fine I REALLY DON'T CARE. TDU leadership at it's best.

local804

I understand it is 6th day work and anything after 40 hours should be at an overtime rate anyway. If it is true, it is far from ok with me. One more thing......Tim is NOT and I stress is NOT a TDU member. Knock Tim and Ken all you want if you have reason but get your facts in order.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As I recall, your area was slammed by a blizzard during that time frame. Were you guys working on Saturday in an effort to clear the backlog? Were there any days prior to this that you did not work due to the snow emergency, which means you did not get paid and either took a dead day or used one of your days? If so, then this would not be your 6th day and you would get straight pay for the day.

tieguy

Banned
As I recall, your area was slammed by a blizzard during that time frame. Were you guys working on Saturday in an effort to clear the backlog? Were there any days prior to this that you did not work due to the snow emergency, which means you did not get paid and either took a dead day or used one of your days? If so, then this would not be your 6th day and you would get straight pay for the day.

why get involved in this shooting match? You and red and others should stay out of it. Let the two goose stepping factions fire their shots at each other. We can all sit back and watch and learn alot about this old carey local and how they think.

705red

Browncafe Steward
"TROUBLE IN PARADISE" Word around town is our new VP does not like being the # 3 man AND we have big time in-fighting between our Pres. and VP. Folks it was only a matter of time. Details to follow.

What happened the the day before Valentine's. Word has it the big guy "Pres. Tim S." cut a deal with the company to allow all drivers to work that Sat. 2/13 for straight time. PLEASE say it ani't so.

What happened with TDU, how come they are not going crazy about our e-board raising co-pays and more than doubling the cost of retiree benfits. DAMM TDU always goes crazy when a local raises the cost or cuts the level of benefits. WHY NOT NOW.

I guess our new e-board does not think our local has members or shop stewards smart enough to work at the local, WHY do they have outsiders on the payroll I wonder what TDU would say if this was another local.

WANTED As Dion sang " Has anybody seen my old friend Mark H." Word has it he has not gone to Foster in over 6 weeks.I guess Big Tim can't control him either, he does what ever he wants.

More to Come
NEXT - our new BA - KR Agitator 1 and his ties to the" Fox Right wing" I guess it's OK when your getting paid. He should practice what he tries to preach.
Hey Agitator 1 why not post the story you wrote when the old e-board raised the co-pay's 5 bucks after 18 years. Don't worry if you don't we will. Hay by the way do you know what the innocent untill provin guilty language means yet. Oh and please tell everyone not forget to forget the sunscreen VEGAS in very hot this time of year. REMEMBER you wrote a story about the old e-boaed members spending dues money on trips. Oh well he you don't want to re-post that story I'm sure we will repost that one to.

That's all for now.

AGITATOR 2

If your CoPays where raised like you said, how long was your plan mismanaged to require these raises? Do you expect us here to believe that this fund lost this money all since January of this year when the cuurrent slate took office? Or was it inly realized in January when this slate took offcie? What are you trying to say exactly?

tieguy

Banned
Red ,

you seem to show a lot of interest in the inner workings of this local? how many of their union meetings have you attended.:wink2:

It appears red does not think 804 can handle their business so he's jumping in to save the day.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Tie i know some of the guys, I actually met them through this website and when they where ic Chicago we met for beers one weekend. You remember when you where suppose to meet for a beer when I was in Maryland? Unlike you I didnt blow these guys off. lol

705red

Browncafe Steward
I have talke to them on the phone, and it was explained to me that the fund was just about bankrupt when they took office. I know a little more than I am adding here, I want to see what this agiatator 2 thinks he knows. And than I will correct him if hes wrong.

Tie do you think its fair to blame someone for raising a benefit in the first 5 months of their job? Or do you think that in order for tha =t benefit to need to be raised that it took more than 5 months of mismanaging?

705red

Browncafe Steward

More to Come

That's all for now.

AGITATOR 2
The real agitator has the stones to put his real name to what he wrote, any coward can be a keyboard cowboy, Ken put his money where his mouth was. Maybe thats why your local decided to elect him.

tieguy

Banned
I have talke to them on the phone, and it was explained to me that the fund was just about bankrupt when they took office. I know a little more than I am adding here, I want to see what this agiatator 2 thinks he knows. And than I will correct him if hes wrong.

Tie do you think its fair to blame someone for raising a benefit in the first 5 months of their job? Or do you think that in order for tha =t benefit to need to be raised that it took more than 5 months of mismanaging?

I think 804 should fight their own internal battles.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Come on now 804 our contract is OT after 8 not 40.

You never answered my question--were you guys asked to work on 2/13 to try to clear the backlog due to the blizzard(s) in your area? Were there any days that you were told not to report during the week prior to the 13th; if so, then this would not be a 6th report and you would receive straight pay for the day.

local804

Come on now 804 our contract is OT after 8 not 40.

Having the clause of OT after 8 hours is an advantage to us. The overtime rate to the 40 hour plus payroll week is a NYS labor law which would supersede the UPS contract and I am sure we all know that. Are there variations of situations that can make this case different like a guy banging 3 days without any sick days in the bank? anything is possible. Please be a little more specific