Union protest next thursday?

mjimmc

Anybody hear about the teamsters having a protest next Thursday. I heard my BA talking about it but I didn't catch the whole conversation. Why is the union getting fired up?

rod

Retired 22 years
I've still got 2 "On Strike" signs left over from the last time if anybody want to borrow them. I've been know to pull them out of retirement if the wife comes up with some honey do thing I don't agree with.

TheKid

As I said in another post I have been on vacation the past week so I have been kind of out of touch. I heard about a movement trying to make more states "right to work states". I am sure it has something to do with that.

UPSBOT

When UPS Was Fun
"It is a day of protest against production harassment. The local will hand out stickers and buttons".
Boy that will show them. How about some real ACTION!

bigblu 2 you

how about we fly in the ceo and board for ups along with hoffa and the ibt doolittles and fill up a bunch of p-1000's with pup trailers,and send them all out over 9.5. then follow them around for a little bit of methods/production hide and watch .then call em in every morning and tell them what a piss poor job they've done and threaten there jobs ,belittle them,verbally abuse them,then put 11 hours work on them and let the games begin again .im sure they will love and appreciate working for the leaders in the industry and just be happy to have a job . o i forgot,they must recite the constitution,war and peace and all safety jargon word for word or be taken out of service. as scooby doo says "reep it real".

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
Was told today it's because of the ass kicking we've been getting for the last 18 months. My center is cutting routes like never before. Guys are going out with over 250 stops, yes OVER 250 stops. A good friend of mine punched out tonight at 10 pm because they cut TWO business routes and piled it on the route he was covering. Enough is enough.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
No, the "day of action" as our BA said recently and I pointed out last week, is not about UPS cutting routes. lol That is pretty funny though, how the drivers think it is about them.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
What the hell do you think a protest will do ???

It's like throwing a paper cup at a army tank !! Hoffa bent over and gave UPS to much leeway, the only way to fix it is in the next contract.
You can keep your buttons and pom-poms !

menotyou

bella amicizia
Unless you have a war chest setup already, you can't run in these type of elections. That is a huge part of the problem. No real candidates to vote for. Same crap as last time.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
What the hell do you think a protest will do ???

Hoffa bent over and gave UPS to much leeway, the only way to fix it is in the next contract.
QUOTE]

How about the next elections?

Unless you have a war chest setup already, you can't run in these type of elections. That is a huge part of the problem. No real candidates to vote for. Same crap as last time.

All depends if he has heard (or cares) what the drivers are dealing with. It will be interesting to see what other candidate's platforms will be.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All depends if he has heard (or cares) what the drivers are dealing with. It will be interesting to see what other candidate's platforms will be.

Hoffa is clearly the front runner based on name recognition and the fact the he is the incumbent. Wouldn't it be nice if the winner chose to include some of the more worthwhile ideas from the other candidates for the overall benefit of the membership?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Was told today it's because of the ass kicking we've been getting for the last 18 months. My center is cutting routes like never before. Guys are going out with over 250 stops, yes OVER 250 stops. A good friend of mine punched out tonight at 10 pm because they cut TWO business routes and piled it on the route he was covering. Enough is enough.

I could use a little of that action. Had 43 hours on the last check.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
All we really need to do is to call for a nationwide "100% compliance day". 100% compliance with the contract, 100% compliance with every single solitary work method, 100% compliance with safety.

What would happen if every driver nationwide shut the truck down from noon to 1:00 for lunch? What would happen if every driver followed trace or EDD 100%? What would happen if every driver used 100% perfect Driver Release methods and walked off every single residential stop instead of turning around in the driveway?

Its funny to me how so many of the people I hear bitching about the union or the "lousy" contract are the same people I see skipping their lunches or taking them at 7:30 at night in order to get 10 hours worth of business deliveries done. They gripe about the weak 9.5 language, yet they perpetuate the problem rather than growing a pair and standing up for themselves.

If you dont like the contract that Hoffa negotiated for us, blame your coworkers who ratified the offer. We will only get the contract that we are willing to strike for. Hoffa knows this, and the company knows it too.