Union protest next thursday?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Isn't that what we are all about - numbers....

I'm about the numbers in my blue envelope on Friday, yours don't matter to me. You must be the center manager in a right to work state. Can't be Roswell center as we've been through 5 CMs in as many years.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I'm about the numbers in my blue envelope on Friday, yours don't matter to me. You must be the center manager in a right to work state. Can't be Roswell center as we've been through 5 CMs in as many years.

Still numbers, anyway you cut it, spend it or curse it.

So did the managers retire, get promoted, lateral move or out the door period.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Still numbers, anyway you cut it, spend it or curse it.

So did the managers retire, get promoted, lateral move or out the door period.

One died, three got moved due to "unknown issues" that somewhat coencided with on going issues with employees. One supposedly got promoted to corporate, and we currently got one that moved from Acworth.
If you wanna talk on how many driver sups we've had, well I hope you got all night. In the 12 years I've been driving, I'd say I've seen 30ish in Roswell center alone that I can name off. That doesn't included Marietta center, which is in the same building, in either above case.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
One died, three got moved due to "unknown issues" that somewhat coencided with on going issues with employees. One supposedly got promoted to corporate, and we currently got one that moved from Acworth.
If you wanna talk on how many driver sups we've had, well I hope you got all night. In the 12 years I've been driving, I'd say I've seen 30ish in Roswell center alone that I can name off. That doesn't included Marietta center, which is in the same building, in either above case.

Your building sounds just like all the other UPS buildings. Manager's move around to different functions, supervisor's come and go to different center's.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Your building sounds just like all the other UPS buildings. Manager's move around to different functions, supervisor's come and go to different center's.

Never said it was any different, some managers come in and try to change the world, some are just there for retirement. Regardless why they are there the machine keeps going, I keep doing my job the same way I always have, and they come and go. I'm just along for the ride until I decide to get off at the next station.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Never said it was any different, some managers come in and try to change the world, some are just there for retirement. Regardless why they are there the machine keeps going, I keep doing my job the same way I always have, and they come and go. I'm just along for the ride until I decide to get off at the next station.

I have been a driver in the same building for 24 years. None of the management people we currently have were there when the building opened. I have been thru almost a dozen Division and Center managers, and twice as many On Car sups. The desk upstairs is the same, the suit sitting behind it is the only thing that ever changes.

I always get a kick out of the ones who come in all full of piss and vinegar, with a "plan" to "get this place fixed". Our building is the place where the square peg of IE's expectations meets the round hole of reality, and the only tool they let the Division Manager have is a hammer. One DM after another has been swinging that same hammer for 24 years and there are lots of nicks and gouges on the peg; theres blood on the table from skinned knuckles and crushed fingers, and always lots of noise and commotion and banging and shouting going on, but that peg is no closer to going in today than it was 24 years ago. And, in a few months, the DM will slink away in the night and a new one will come in and take his spot behind the desk and start swinging the hammer all over again.

trouble maker

I have been a driver in the same building for 24 years. None of the management people we currently have were there when the building opened. I have been thru almost a dozen Division and Center managers, and twice as many On Car sups. The desk upstairs is the same, the suit sitting behind it is the only thing that ever changes.

I always get a kick out of the ones who come in all full of piss and vinegar, with a "plan" to "get this place fixed". Our building is the place where the square peg of IE's expectations meets the round hole of reality, and the only tool they let the Division Manager have is a hammer. One DM after another has been swinging that same hammer for 24 years and there are lots of nicks and gouges on the peg; theres blood on the table from skinned knuckles and crushed fingers, and always lots of noise and commotion and banging and shouting going on, but that peg is no closer to going in today than it was 24 years ago. And, in a few months, the DM will slink away in the night and a new one will come in and take his spot behind the desk and start swinging the hammer all over again.
LoL That's the perfect way to describe it. +1,000:laughing:

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I didnt wear mine because I wished to save it. I would like to get a printer that does shirts, buy some low end blank tees, enlarge the image and pass them out from people coming and going. That would work better in my opinion, people would wear them just for work.

A friend of mine wore his on the left sleeve of his shirt. The main preload soup said " hey, dont wear that!". He answered " This is for George." You see, the day before the driver managers asked George to drive some air for them, he said he couldnt. A little later they came back and asked again and pretty much wanted a reason as to why not. He said " I left everything at home and I need to get back because there will be no one looking after my baby". Time passes again, he gets told to go into the office and needs to give that same reason to 3 - 4 different soups and / or managers there. Well the next day, after not driving the other day, he was ushered off to the other side of the belt to work along with the building managers insight, input and criticism of his work methods.

I dont know if he filed or not, probably could / should have. Might learn more about it later though.

Dragon

Package Center Manager

Well, regardless of how you view it, we must be doing something right if the doors are still open and everyone is still working after 24 years....why would you think you should have the same management people after 24 years?

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Well, regardless of how you view it, we must be doing something right if the doors are still open and everyone is still working after 24 years....why would you think you should have the same management people after 24 years?
dragon,, if you are really in operations,,you of all people should know that its worse now than ever

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

You are doing something right. Hell you are doing a lot of things right. The frustrating part is that there are so many more things you could be doing right that would make this company a better, safer, saner, and more profitable place to work.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
You are doing something right. Hell you are doing a lot of things right. The frustrating part is that there are so many more things you could be doing right that would make this company a better, safer, saner, and more profitable place to work.

+10