Union Questions?

Hey guys got a question? I have been with UPS since July of this year. The last couple of paychecks I've noticed union dues being taken out.

Does that mean I'm part of the union now? Does that mean I'm permanent?

Asking cuz I have nothing in the way of literature from the union other than the 401k stuff, no union card, or about any other benefits!! Thanks for the help, never had a union job or chance at one!!

DRporch

you were hired in july so odds of you being permanent are very high talk to a friend and get with your union steward for the best help and get you the supplies you need or call your union office

Rack em

Made the Podium
In a right to work state you sign it after you’ve made your 30 if you want to be a dues payer.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I am in a right to work state and I signed up for the union the day I was hired. They started taking initiation fees and dues out right away, but this was also 8 years ago so maybe things have changed.

Box Ox

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I am in a right to work state and I signed up for the union the day I was hired. They started taking initiation fees and dues out right away, but this was also 8 years ago so maybe things have changed.

Can probably do it where I am too. Just wouldn’t want the Union pulling dues out of my paychecks before I had any kind of Union protection.

No initiation fees where I am.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Can probably do it where I am too. Just wouldn’t want the Union pulling dues out of my paychecks before I had any kind of Union protection.

No initiation fees where I am.
No initiation is awesome, but I think mine was only like $100 which isn't bad. I heard some places is $500 which is absurd!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Gouging seasonal for dues and/or initiation fees is absurd.
Dues yes, initiation fees no.

If they are doing bargaining unit work, for a union negotiated scale, they should pay dues.

To charge an initiation fee to an employee who hasn't satisfied the requirements necessary to become a permanent employee is economic hazing.