Union Steward misconduct

Union 💪🏽 Strong

There is a union steward in local 104 who likes to play both sides! He's well known.. He has contacts with upper management and head of labor department!.. He's also a Rat 🐀.. He calls management on people he don't like to try to get them fired! Union hall don't want to do anything about! What can be done?? I appreciate your help and advice!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
There is a union steward in local 104 who likes to play both sides! He's well known.. He has contacts with upper management and head of labor department!.. He's also a Rat 🐀.. He calls management on people he don't like to try to get them fired! Union hall don't want to do anything about! What can be done?? I appreciate your help and advice!

Get a copy of your local's bylaws, gather evidence that the steward has broken any rules. File charges with whoever you bylaws say to, usually the local president or secretary treasurer. This normally consists of writing a letter outlining the things you believe the steward has done wrong, what rules he has violated, what evidence you have. You can include what sanctions you are seeking.

Or, if your bylaws allow, and you enough people willing to participate, you may be able to petition for a vote to have the steward removed.

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
This reminds me a great deal of some of the stewards we have. Talk crap about dues paying members while some how managing to represent them somewhat and being best buds with management for their own gain. It honestly is a horrible feeling knowing you pay dues and your stewards seemingly would sell you out.

Up In Smoke

The local bylaws should spell out how to remove a steward. Our stewards serve a three year term and you can endorse yourself. Language also allows for removal of a steward mid term using the "loss of confidence" petition.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Union hall don't want to do anything about!
This I think, is a key phrase that says quite a bit.

If you called most BAs with a legitimate complaint against a steward, I think they'd be very interested in investigating it.

How do you know he has called management and requested that people be terminated?
And how do you know what contacts he has in upper management?

It sounds to me like you have a personal issue with this guy, and so you've decided he is a bad steward. I say that, because you've made it sound like you are the only person who has a problem with him.

I don't know.
Maybe he is a bad steward, but it sounds like you have a personal problem with him.

charm299

Welcome to UPS

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Become a steward

Union 💪🏽 Strong

Labor manager! Sorry

This I think, is a key phrase that says quite a bit.

If you called most BAs with a legitimate complaint against a steward, I think they'd be very interested in investigating it.

How do you know he has called management and requested that people be terminated?
And how do you know what contacts he has in upper management?

It sounds to me like you have a personal issue with this guy, and so you've decided he is a bad steward. I say that, because you've made it sound like you are the only person who has a problem with him.

I don't know.
Maybe he is a bad steward, but it sounds like you have a personal problem with him.

Union 💪🏽 Strong

No not a personal problem! But I finding disgusting when you are paying dues and have a Steward snitching on people to management! How do I know this??
The people who do have bad blood or vice versa with this steward are always being called for by management and they know it's this steward who's doing this! There are complaints about this guy at the hall! ... You don't have a problem with this is I see!

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
No not a personal problem! But I finding disgusting when you are paying dues and have a Steward snitching on people to management! How do I know this??
The people who do have bad blood with this steward are always being called for by management and they know it is this steward who's doing this!

What's your proof ?

If you have it, file charges with Local 104.

The Local Bylaws spell out the procedure.

The age old adage....

"I thought... I heard... Or, somebody told me."

-Bug-

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
What's your proof ?

If you have it, file charges with Local 104.

The Local Bylaws spell out the procedure.

The age old adage....

"I thought... I heard... Or, somebody told me."

-Bug-
Op probably had a steward tell him he was wrong about something, so he got all offended.

UPSER1987

I know who you are talking about.