UNION?

It's time to go Union, start calling and emailing teamsters. Are you tired of the unnecessary B.S. Unobtainable goals, middle management cluelessness. It's time to pay back management for making our jobs harder than it already is. I feel like going Union would be a good way to thank upper management for making our lives miserable.

MAKAVELI

Just saying.

Hey, maybe you could direct him to the super-secret organizing meeting in his area...

Maybe post a link to signing a petition...

Ah, nevermind. ;)
Or maybe go to work for you. He'd probably be begging to come back to Express, as bad as it is.;)

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That might be a good thing for a lot of you disenchanted Express folks.
Nah, I don't think so. As MrFedEx says, Express sucks, but Ground sucks more.

By the way how many applicants you get come from Express anyway?

bbsam

Staff member
I'd like to take a shot in the dark here and say 0
Correct. I wouldn't hire them anyway. It's strange. Around here the go out with about 30 stops and act like they're overburdened. I couldn't imagine the whining I'd get if I sent them out with a full day of deliveries that weren't envelopes.

dezguy

Correct. I wouldn't hire them anyway. It's strange. Around here the go out with about 30 stops and act like they're overburdened. I couldn't imagine the whining I'd get if I sent them out with a full day of deliveries that weren't envelopes.
How many of those 30 are priority stops that need to be done by 10:30?

dezguy

Would you tell an UPS driver that?!
We don't get 8 hours worth of on road time. We spend anywhere from an hour and a half to two hours sorting at my sta before we hit the road. That leaves a 2 hour to hour and a half window for priority stops. Then you have to take a break, another hour gone leaving 3 hours (maybe a bit more) for pickups. In reality, we're only on road for 5-6 hours a day? (At least where I'm at)

We're not paid $34/hour so why should we be expected to do UPS levels of deliveries or pickups? Besides, the UPS guy on my route does a pure delivery route, no pick ups. He does 110 stops. I do anywhere between 60-75 stops. Give me another 2 hours on road time and I'd have around the same amount of stops he does.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We don't get 8 hours worth of on road time. We spend anywhere from an hour and a half to two hours sorting at my sta before we hit the road. That leaves a 2 hour to hour and a half window for priority stops. Then you have to take a break, another hour gone leaving 3 hours (maybe a bit more) for pickups. In reality, we're only on road for 5-6 hours a day? (At least where I'm at)

We're not paid $34/hour so why should we be expected to do UPS levels of deliveries or pickups? Besides, the UPS guy on my route does a pure delivery route, no pick ups. He does 110 stops. I do anywhere between 60-75 stops. Give me another 2 hours on road time and I'd have around the same amount of stops he does.

I call BS on the no pickups.