Unions Killed the Twinkie

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
According to Fox Business News, evil unions killed-off the Hostess Twinkie. Never mind that consumers have been shifting away to more healthy snack choices, or that the Twinkie has been pilloried for decades as the epitome of junk food excess. As always, blame the unions and the worker, not piss-poor management or changing consumer trends.

brett636

Lets see some facts on the issue then. Was there a strike at the twinkie plant causing hostess to shut it down or has twinkie sales dwindled to the point that it was not in the best interest of hostess to continue producing it?

moreluck

golden ticket member
You can fight what you consider unfair contract terms-OR- you can have a job........you'd think that would be a no-brainer.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/02/no-more-twinkies-hostess-workers-threaten-strike/

It does kinda of defy logic to threaten to strike a business in bankruptcy. If the workers strike and the company closes shop for good then the workers only have themselves to blame for losing their jobs because they brought it on themselves. Maybe the company was poorly managed, but a strike isn't going to fix that, only make the problem worse.

Sounds to me like there was plenty of blame to go around. Management obviously wasn't getting the job done of re-inventing the Hostess product line so it would be more appealing to consumers. When was the last time you saw a kid eat a Twinkie, or a Ho-Ho, or a Snowball? Plus, the last time I looked, the price for a 2-pack of Twinkies was around $1.00.

My point is that Fox, and conservatives in general, always point the finger at unions. That's wrong.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The school food police would toss out a lunchbox Twinkie!!

People still want Twinkies.....shoot, I still want pink snowballs!!

Seriously, who could resist this????

804brown

Sounds to me like there was plenty of blame to go around. Management obviously wasn't getting the job done of re-inventing the Hostess product line so it would be more appealing to consumers. When was the last time you saw a kid eat a Twinkie, or a Ho-Ho, or a Snowball? Plus, the last time I looked, the price for a 2-pack of Twinkies was around $1.00.

My point is that Fox, and conservatives in general, always point the finger at unions. That's wrong.

Just like fox business "news", the corporate spokesman/apologist for corporate america.