United way 13- I was signed up for $10 a week without my authorization..

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
They start us 15 minutes later each day which works out to an hour each week. I used to get back at the same time but have resolved this year to stay out when the need arises.
How does starting 15 minutes later result in getting back to the building at the same time? If I start later on any single day it just results in finishing later by about the same amount of time.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
No matter how many times you tell that lie, it does not make it come true.

If I'm mistaken, then that's even worse. At least I can understand (if completely disagree with) a cash incentive to explain all of the badgering I've witnessed/experienced regarding PT employees refusing to contribute to United Way. I even got a text message over the weekend from one of the guys in my area saying he was signed up for 2013 without his approval.

What'dyabringmetoday???

If thats what others want to do, go right ahead. I've been a full time student and full time worker, which isnt allowed in this state. But I did it anyways. The job was a lot less stressful then this one is at part time. Before I knew it, I was killing myself week in and out. Couldnt study, sleep patterns were off and I thought I was lossing it to top it all off.

But I do think the union is screwing the newer part timers, with one pay rasies a year. Talk about slowly gaining money for a job that kills you on a regular basis. Yet, in time, as I ve seen the money is getting better, and chances for fulltime seem more realistic every day. A simple kind've life, is good enough for me.
A job that kills you? Perhaps some people should try farming, apple picking, or maybe driving for a waste hauler. I have only done one of those, but loading boxes into a truck was much easier. It also paid benefits better than many full-time jobs pay. The only thing screwing part-timers is part-timers. They could control the union if they actually believed in the union. I will let you figure out what that means.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Just an update-

Management assured me by diad that the correction was confirmed by payroll and that deductions would stop.

I had worked the whole year and never missed a pay period.

The manager who entered (or more likely had one of his minions enter as was usually the case with his un-ethics) was fired a few weeks before Christmas for(what we think) sheeting dozens of mis-routes as future or ordering his sup's todel them after hours. He was known as the used car sales man here in central cal.

Steve aka RoBo

I believed you the whole time.
I suppose P-Man could still make the case that we don't have the facts, but then again, we rarely know for a fact that anything posted here is true.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
If I'm mistaken, then that's even worse. At least I can understand (if completely disagree with) a cash incentive to explain all of the badgering I've witnessed/experienced regarding PT employees refusing to contribute to United Way. I even got a text message over the weekend from one of the guys in my area saying he was signed up for 2013 without his approval.

When I've declined (the term "refuse" is too strong -- as much as I'd like to give, I'm able to justify only a finite amount of income to charitable contributions, and there are several I support much more strongly than UW) to give to the United Way, I've even had a manager ask if I was willing to make a one-time contribution if he reimburse me the cash. UW's website has a whole section on how to deal with bosses who aggressively demand contributions, so I suspect there's something in it for them - even if it isn't a cash incentive.

pretzel_man

I believed you the whole time.
I suppose P-Man could still make the case that we don't have the facts, but then again, we rarely know for a fact that anything posted here is true.

First, I never made an assertion as to whether the orignal poster was right or not...

My comments had to do with people making assertions without facts. That is no better than a manager disciplining an employee because he / she is certain something wrong was done. Whether the employee really did something wrong or not is beside the point. The action was wrong.

Second, I'm still curious as to how this could have been done. I do not have access to any of the info for my people to make an edit like that....

I'm glad the manager was fired. Whether he actually edited the UW info or not, if he was improperly sheeting he deserved to see the door.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
First, I never made an assertion as to whether the orignal poster was right or not...

My comments had to do with people making assertions without facts. That is no better than a manager disciplining an employee because he / she is certain something wrong was done. Whether the employee really did something wrong or not is beside the point. The action was wrong.

Second, I'm still curious as to how this could have been done. I do not have access to any of the info for my people to make an edit like that....

I'm glad the manager was fired. Whether he actually edited the UW info or not, if he was improperly sheeting he deserved to see the door.

...you're right, it was my assertion that we know of little here to be right or wrong.
How could we????

Every time they take money out of your paycheck without your permission, you need to file and Article 37. Continue this until the put a stop to it. They are stealing from you. There are few things more disrespectful than taking something that does not belong to you.
This would be a great grievance. I'd love to be in on this.

upsfiredme

sue them in the paper,do not let them get away with this.if you want take [ united way] some cash. you let this go they will try other way to get monies from other employees. you give a cookie to a person they will want a glass of milk.

this is not a mistake $10 a week @ 52 weeks $520.00 [any amount over $500.00] that becomes a felony do not let this lie go on

browndevil

Here is what I do. I carry $10 bills on me with the intent to give two of them away at random weekly. I feel good knowing that 100% goes to the cause:-)

L

Loufan

This year i'm just going to donate online. I was going to donate anyway but i don't want to feel pressured. Hopefully i'll be left alone.

Does that still count for the participation for the building?

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This year i'm just going to donate online. I was going to donate anyway but i don't want to feel pressured. Hopefully i'll be left alone.

Does that still count for the participation for the building?

Yes. Your region, district and SLIC will all be on the donation form. Print it out and hand it in to your mgt team.